Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel gauge was on last solid bar for the last 20 miles. Never rode a bike 200 miles on a single fill before. close to 2k miles on the odometer.
$8.48 for the refill.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
879 Posts
Fuel gauge was on last solid bar for the last 20 miles. Never rode a bike 200 miles on a single fill before. close to 2k miles on the odometer.
$8.48 for the refill.

regards
Badger
Ya dont ya just love that gas milage? Cheap fill up and ride some more

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm consistently blown away every time I fill my bike.
According to Fuelly, it costs me 5 cents a mile to ride this bike :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ditto, The fuel economy is awesome and way beyond what I thought I would get. For my daily trip to the city for work....I have gone from a $10 train ticket to $1.80 in fuel for half the travelling time. No wonder they are selling like hotcakes!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Mine costs me .60 a mile if you factor in riding 2500-3000 miles a year and the monthly payment on it with insurance. That's still cheaper then anything else I've owned except maybe my Honda Civic I had.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
awesome!! I am averaging 77-78 miles a gallon every single fill up now...about 2,100 on the odometer...the only problem i have with the bike...is I love to ride it so much, I find myself having gone another 180+ miles and needing to stop at the gas station ever other time I ride it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
**** , gas is so cheap for u lot !
Here ( belgium ) the gas is more then 3x as expensive....
(1.65 euro per liter , wich is 8.26 dollar per gallon .... )

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You'll need alot more than one tank to do an accurate fuel test.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ecomodder fuel log reads 767.6 total miles (5 fills) on 9.1 gallons, 84.36 MPG average. This tank was actually the worst one.
Ya happy now, lol.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
192 Posts
I do 200+ miles on every tank, the most I`ve been on one tank was 221 miles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I probably could have made it that far (221 miles), never saw the blinking last bar, but I learned to not run them down too low. It can damage the electric fuel pump, which I believe is in the fuel tank itself. They are designed so the fuel runs through them and keeps the pump cool.

Did you see the flashing bar when you went 221?

regards
Badger

·
Registered
118 Posts
My record so far is 355 km (220 miles) for 11.1 litres. Not sure (as others have said) whether it still had 2 litres left or not. I could still see some contents swishing around in the tank enough for more than a few kms left in it ;). But agree best not to run it dry where possible.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, the bar was flashing for about 20 miles or so, if I remember correctly it took about 2.7 gallons to fill up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts