Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the intended orientation to mount that pipe is with the long side (on the left) parallel with the swingarm; so the pointy side (bottom) is not facing directly down, but in to the left a bit. This gives you more swingarm AND cornering clearance. Sounds good though, not as raspy as more expensive slip-ons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that

Ya I tried turning it a bit but in order to get it fully on the manifold pipe it was sticking out maybe 1.5 FEET from the bike (@ exhaust tip). It looked rediculas.

It does sound nice though, thx :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Personally, I opted to go with the titanium GP (which is round) because of these odd angle pics Ive been seeing with the JISU. I still had to add a 3" piece of 1 1/2" by 1 3/8" pipe which cost about 3 bucks. I will paint the extension with black header paint. It fits PERFECT!!! Im waiting for the DB killer to come in the mail (I ordered it about 2 days after the pipe). Its pretty loud, especially when on the gas above 5-6K. I will try and get some pics and vids this week as the rain allows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used the clamp that came with it. It was tight, but it fit. Im sure its because of the 1 3/8" extension on that side was small enough. I still want to find a band clamp that is black or silver because the bronze looking one kinda stands out. Like I said, I will get some pics and vids sometime soon.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Vandalism to a nice cbr250.

·
Registered
175 Posts
man, you installed the baffle on the wrong end. It must be opposite according to the sheet from the box. I says, if you install the baffle from the rear end of the exhaust, the pressure might damage the exhaust, just keep in mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts