Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched your forum and couldn't find anything that really related to the issue.

Have a 2011 CBR 250 with an high / erratic idle issue. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't seem to matter if the bike is warm or cooler when it occurs.

The engine, while at Idle, will occasionally race to 4 - 5 k RPM with out input to the throttle and pulling the clutch doesn't seem to help RPM's keep racing. Also when driving normally with throttle held in a constant position engine RPM's tend to "bounce" around

Is there a throttle position sensor / computer module that can be reset

has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've only experienced this on start up once or twice and (so far) not since my 1,000K service. I found a touch of throttle settled it back down. Mine only happened straight after starting the bike up, so maybe not the same issue. Instead of settling into a nice idle, the revs would climb.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice introduction, Welcome to the forums LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Be sure to check and adjust your throttle cable so that the RPMs do not fluctuate when you turn the bars from lock to lock. I had adjusted mine so there was no slack in the throttle but found after the fact that when I did, the throttle increased when I turned the bars from lock to lock. I had to adjust some slack back in the cable so that this did not occur. very easy thing to check and fix. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"2011 CBR 250 erotic engine RPM"

I think you will have more response with that title! They do have that 1 year unlimited mileage warranty I would take it back in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have searched your forum and couldn't find anything that really related to the issue.

Have a 2011 CBR 250 with an high / erratic idle issue. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't seem to matter if the bike is warm or cooler when it occurs.

The engine, while at Idle, will occasionally race to 4 - 5 k RPM with out input to the throttle and pulling the clutch doesn't seem to help RPM's keep racing. Also when driving normally with throttle held in a constant position engine RPM's tend to "bounce" around

Is there a throttle position sensor / computer module that can be reset

has anyone else experienced this ?
I described something similar in another post. A question, when you ride at a constant rotational speed, say 5000 rpm's, do you feel that your engine does not run well? I have that problem. Try in 2nd gear, it's easier to observe. I called this a kind of misfiring. Anyway, like you when I keep the throttle in a constant position the engine's rotational speed varies by itself. This is completely abnormal with a programmed electronic injection system (I should write: "with a good programmed electronic injection system) I do not understand how this can happen within a company like Honda...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts