Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually change vehicles every 5 years since I don't like keeping them for too long. I know its still pretty early to tell but how well do you think the CBR250 will hold its value and what might be its resale value in probably 5 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They usually lose a big amount already as soon as they leave the lot. Plus its really hard to tell how the market will be. Theres a lot of variable factors but seeing as its a pretty good vehicle it should be able to hold its value pretty well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
never buy a vehicle just for the sole purpose of selling it later on as you will always lose money no matter what. i tend to get rid of them after the warranty period is over for whatever the blue book value is. then i just use that money towards a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you guys mean. I didn't mean I was going to buy one just to resell it. Its just that I tend to get bored of whatever I have. So most of the time I don't have it for too long. I was just hoping it would hold its value pretty well. I know some of them hold their value better than others and I was hoping this would be one of them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't how it will be in 5 years but it should be pretty close to Ninja 250. The latest generation of Ninja came out in 2008 so it's pushing 4 years old. Do a quick search on CL should give you a rough idea on what your CBR would be worth in 3 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on the area. Here, a 2008ish Ninja 250 with no damage on Craigslist will sell for $3000+, mostly because the local Kawi dealers have horrible markups and fees. I think a new 2012 Ninja 250 is something like $6000 out the door. The only other Honda powersports dealer in this region wanted ~$5400 out the door for the 2011 CBR250, vice $4600 out the door from the dealer I used.

·
1,305 Posts
yeah i think when you take in the OTD price + the first service, buying a secondhand bike for 3k is actually a pretty good deal

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's actually one of the reasons I went with the CBR250R new vice a used Ninja 250. All the ones for sale used in good condition were tickling the MSRP of a CBR250R. So I figured for a little more I get a newly designed EFI bike with better mileage, zero miles on the clock, and a full warranty.

I'm kinda glad Honda is brining more midrange non supersport bikes to the US. This Honda dealer is great, and I'm a prime candidate for trading in my 06 Multi for something more midranged and newer (ie: Versys). But I didn't want to deal with the other Japanese import dealers and their not-so-great sales staff. I'm really eyeing the NC700X base model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts