Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike a week ago and I'm already looking into changing the appearance of it. What do you all think about dying the rims, foot pegs all black at a local shop. Along with getting good black paint to put on the motor. When done I want everything to be black on the bike. What are your guys thoughts on how it will look and how to go about doing everything? Any tips and suggestions would be a great help. I won't get anything done until this winter since I live in Ohio and the riding season isn't to long. Pictures will be posted as soon as any work is done. Also i need to get an aftermarket exhaust to replace the ugly stock one(biggest cosmetic flaw on the bike) what brand should i get that makes an either all black or black with red exhaust?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
i thought about getting the foot pegs and passenger pegs blacked out aswell as the rims,i think it would look good.specially the rims. and also get the black windscreen!

as far as exhausts goes,theres a two brothers slip on exhaust released,FMF Racing full system exhaust and Yoshimura's exhaust is coming out soon.im not sure if yosh is a slip on or if they offer full exhausts but they release theirs in 2-3 weeks.

i have a carbon fiber FMF Racing full exhaust,if u find my thread i posted pics and video.im real happy with my exhaust's looks and sound,but im not BIASED so id suggest u can wait and see what yoshimura has to offer vs FMF racing and Two brothers before you decide which one you want to go with. check all the dyno graphs and the videos to get an idea of what it'd sound like in person.

you can also black out the heat shield on your stock exhaust while you wait for a new one,its been done on this site,matte black paint/vinyl wrap and glossy black,both look great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd be real cautious about the all black. At night you would be invisible unless you added some LED or neons.
Oh yes, dont do more black, you'd definatly be invisible at night, honda really shoulda put some lights on this this thing. Oh wait, they did. Its already pretty blacked out stock, youll be ok dude. I think it would look like a stealth fighter

·
Registered
141 Posts
Been done too many times. But hey to each its own. I personally am looking to do a pearl white PC on her rims. Not sure on the color combo yet. we're both still trying to decide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol i used just plain semi gloss black spray paint, no problems so far. i would probably recomend just for long term sake the high temp, but ive put about 1000 miles on mine with the regular rustolium semi gloss black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts