Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking the forum for a while sucking in your collective experience and advice, but now I feel as though I should introduce myself.

I grew up in an auto shop in the country, had an ATV of some shape or form since I was 4 and eventually added a CRF125 to the mix. After moving to the city for university, away from the toys, and being stuck here even since, I've felt like I've been lacking something, lacking an escape from the noise not emanating from my own exhaust, the stress, and constraints.

I've been filling my void with mountain biking for a few years and it has done a pretty decent job so far (currently a 2011 Cannondale RZ120 2 for you pedal smashers out there) and it has worked well at letting me escape the hustle of the city and has helped with my mechanical urge, but I missed the smell of exhaust, changing oil, the roar of a perfectly working engine. Every time I make it out home, I'm bolting around with my father's Can-Am 650 XTP and tinkering with it. I needed that feeling back in my life.

I've always been interested in sport (ish) bikes, they have always fascinated me. A few weeks ago, I saw that our local powersports dealer had a black CBR250R sitting there, and, after years of dealing with him, he let me have the bike for 75$ over his invoice (he showed it to me) for set up and delivery. Sold.

Since that day I have been sucking up this site like a sponge, patiently awaiting the departure of the phenomenon known as winter. My steed now sits with a carbon Akrapovic exhaust (after forum recommendations), waiting for me. I won't disappoint her.

This is where my story starts...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Golfstrum,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your new cbr. Good things comes, to those that can wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Ibex, I read your blog in its entirety and it's caused me to rethink a european trip I was going to make. Instead, I will be driving from Ottawa to Nova Scotia and do the Cabot Trail, and come back via the american northeast. I'm feeling like this world just got a little smaller.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Ibex, I read your blog in its entirety and it's caused me to rethink a european trip I was going to make. Instead, I will be driving from Ottawa to Nova Scotia and do the Cabot Trail, and come back via the american northeast. I'm feeling like this world just got a little smaller.
The Cabot is a must ride. It's boring as hell if you take the Trans Canada. Suggestion, stick to the North Side of the St. Lawrence then take the ferry across at Riviere de Loup. Much nicer.

Welcome and good choice on the bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts