Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new CBR250R to replace my CBR125R, but I found the same issue with the angle my wrist makes with the grip, it's painful after even short rides. Is there an adjustment that can be made to straighten things?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not sure what angle your talking about..my hands/wrist are pretty much in a straight line down my arm xept for my right hand and thats only cuz i start moving the throttle....

a couple ibuprofin and some icy hot a half hour before rides maybe..lol jk

...ask the dealer where you bought the bike,you'll want their mechanic to adjust it for you..you can loosen and adjust the angle (fore & aft) relevant to the center of the fork if that is what your talking about

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
There is a small amount of adjustment fore and aft by loosening the pinch bolts where the risers clamp the forks.

But sounds like you may be holding on too tightly as it happened with your last bike too... relax, and just a gentle push of the inside bar with your palm for cornering.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Two things to try, grip the tank with you're knees tightly so no weight is on your hands an relax.

Hold the throttle with your fingers on the grips, palms off, just like a golf grip. This way when you roll off the throttle to grab the brake, you don't accidentally accelerate.

All else fails, buy bikers handle bars which have a few different positions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree that you are probably putting too much weight on your hands. I support my upper body using my back muscles. I have bent elbows and a very light grip on the bars. In my mind, they are for control inputs only.

If this doesn't help a cheap option would be to grind off the nubs on the stock clip-ons that prevent them from angling more towards 90 degrees. A less invasive method would be to buy Tyga or woodcraft clip-ons. You can get them in more aggressive and less aggressive styles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts