Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Check out this site for great gearing "what ifs".

If you entre "minimum RPM to display" = 3500rpm, it'll give you 75mph in top-gear @ 7500rpm.

Font Rectangle Number Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone here please tell us what the speed is in the sixth gear when the engine is at 7500 rpm?
On a straight road with standard ratios, at 7500 rpm in sixth gear the CBR 250R is at ~ 125 km/h (77,6714 mph).

·
Registered
516 Posts
I mentioned in one of my posts that it does not seem to have the low end torque it did, but also I am unable to maintain a highway speed at what I think might would be a reasonable RPM
Power-output has nothing to do with engine RPM and speed, but with gearing and tyre-diameter. Regardless of power-output, your bike will always show exact same ~76mph @ 7500rpm. The only difference with power output will be what throttle opening you need to use. If it was really down on power, you'd have to use 80-90% throttle. If you had turbo installed to double power, you may only have to use 25% throttle opening. But in both cases, engine RPM and speed would still be exactly same.

BTW - As mentioned earlier, cam-specs affects tested compression # tremendously. Race bikes with aggressive cams using late intake closing with lots of overlap always shows poor compression numbers. Yet they make more power than their street countreparts. As such, valve-clearances also affects cam-specs which also affects dynamic compression.

When was last time valve-clearance was checked?
What were valve-clearance numbers?
What were valve-clearance numbers after adjustment?

·
Registered
96 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts