Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So this afternoon I installed a new IXIL slip-on for my CBR250R. I initially tried it without the "db killer", it was WAY too loud. I then put the db killer in and have ridden it for a little while, I still think it's too loud, especially when I hit anywhere over 5000 revs.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to maybe cut the noise level a little.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
455 Posts
wear ear plugs

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would rather be heard than have some church lady crash into my because she is not paying attention. I was using the stock exhaust until I found that people just were not paying attention and wanted to hug me with their car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would rather be heard than have some church lady crash into my because she is not paying attention. I was using the stock exhaust until I found that people just were not paying attention and wanted to hug me with their car.
Absolutely agreed. I'm actually starting to think as this is the 1st time I've been on a bike with a "loud" exhaust (this is actually my 1st bike ever), maybe it's me just thinking it's louder than what it actually is.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Looks great with black. How much did that run? And do they sell a full setup?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Akrapovic Slip-on Fan

As with your slip-on, I found that most were too loud for me. I went to a dealer and heard a TBR on one of his new CBRs and was embarrassed for him having to sell the bike with that on it.

AUfitt put a video on YouTube showing his Akrapovic. It sounded better than any I had heard and he was satisfied with the noise level. I bought one last week and am really pleased with both the sound and quality. Thanks Aufitt. It took 12 lbs. off the bike and looks great. It also makes the bike feel better to ride. The stock exhaust made it feel almost hesitant. Too quiet. It was $500 USD so not cheap but all name brand slip-ons are pricey. The Akrapovic was truly worth the money. Ebay yours and buy an Akrapovic. You won't be sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds great and looks nice. I hope you get the db situation to where you want it. Maybe try other tips.

As with your slip-on, I found that most were too loud for me. I went to a dealer and heard a TBR on one of his new CBRs and was embarrassed for him having to sell the bike with that on it.

AUfitt put a video on YouTube showing his Akrapovic. It sounded better than any I had heard and he was satisfied with the noise level. I bought one last week and am really pleased with both the sound and quality. Thanks Aufitt. It took 12 lbs. off the bike and looks great. It also makes the bike feel better to ride. The stock exhaust made it feel almost hesitant. Too quiet. It was $500 USD so not cheap but all name brand slip-ons are pricey. The Akrapovic was truly worth the money. Ebay yours and buy an Akrapovic. You won't be sorry.
Yours looks great too! Would love to hear how it sounds.

Here's mine. :)

2012 Honda CBR 250R with Two Brothers VALE Exhaust - YouTube

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's a link t Aufit's YouTube site.
Mine sounds the same. Have to try it without he insert. I'm buying the Akrapovic header pipe tomorrow. They promise a small difference, very small, when you use both pieces. However, the quality of the slip-on is so good that having their stainless head pipe seems like the right thing to do. I've got the performance bug after watching the Moto3 MotoGP race in Qatar with their 45+hp 250cc Honda engines. Finally, I've ordered a K&N air filter, $39 USD. I've used them before and they do make a difference. Once I have all this installed I'm going hunting for an adjustable ignition box. I feel, guessing really, that a small amount of additional ignition advance will help the performance without affecting durability by adding more heat to the combustion chamber to use the greater flow of fuel/air. I'm sure I'm going to have to save for a while for that part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, im actually interested in the same exhaust but the carbon fibre one from screamingdemon.com.au . I noticed you said you got yours for $400 plus $20 shipping for the black one, the best price I could find for C/Fibre one is $459 plus $20 shipping. So my question is did you manage to get it cheaper off another site/place or is the $60 difference just for the carbon look im guessing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts