Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying this bike new come spring. As I read some of the post on this forum I'm feeling a little hesitant. Should I be concerned with the engine stalling? Or is this a small percent of owners who expierance this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have 8,000 miles on mine and not a single problem. I ride rain or shine, hot or cold. I don't baby it or flog it. I just ride... NO complaints here. Go to ANY forum and you will see "problems" posted. It's the nature of the beast. Few people will post that everything is fine. This bike does exactly what I need it to do... get me from point A to B with some fun in the middle. TX.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have 2,600 miles on mine with no problems. I do have the rattle but it runs great. Installed a yosh slip on exhaust and really dont hear it anymore

·
Registered
319 Posts
5500kms and not a single issue what so ever.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Pushit11, keep in mind that on any forum for any product the negative posts will always outweigh the positive ones.

When people run into a problem they usually run to the forums frantic for answers and just to vent. Totally understandable.

We who have few minor to no issues at all don't tend to post often about how good our bikes have been which is why you'll always see more of the bad than the good.

I can tell you that I have a tick under 4K miles on my bike and have had no problems. No leaks, no stalls, no quirks.

I did have a soft oil cover bolt but that wasn't Honda's fault. They don't manufacture the bolts and it wasn't a big deal. It certainly wasn't worthy of a "woe is me" post. I think i did post a "heads up" about it but honestly, it was a 5 minute trip to a hardware store for a $0.35 bolt and all was perfect.

My bike has been completely trouble free. Checking my oil and coolant levels almost seem non required. I still check because it's the smart thing to do but neither ones' level have dropped in all this time.

My chain hasn't required any adjustment either. Looser is always better than tighter when it comes to slack and as long as it's in spec all is good. Mine is still way in spec. It might be another 4K or 5K miles before it needs it's first adjustment.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I read this fourm before i bought my Cbr250. The maintenace or repair issues didnt make not to want to buy it. Ive have 3 other new Honda's & a pervious new honda. Not one of them has needed anything but oil changes or tires replaced. Not one of them so far has even needed the valves adjusted. So I say if like the CBR250, buy it. Ive either been really lucky or Hondas doing something right

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have almost 4k miles on mine and no problems at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts