Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!
I can’t wait to pick up my bike at Team Honda this coming Monday!! I’m taking the M1Exit course this first week of June with 2 other newbie rider buddies/neighbors. I have a feeling this summer will be a blast!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats!!!
I am doing my course this weekend in the rain. It's an awesome course and learning on a CBR150.
Should be getting my bike this week, if my guy can find a black with abs somewhere in Ontario.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Picked up my red ABS yesterday before the heavy rain moved in to the area. Very smooth, linear, maneuverable. Light clutch and as reviews all say crisp shifting. Haven't had to use the abs yet so cannot comment on that. Must say the past month has been quite a roller coaster ride waiting and wondering if/when I might get it. Cbr rally in Ontario anyone?:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Good luck on your course Topherguns. Let me know how it went.

Everyone was telling me that the first batch were all sold out so I was so close in getting a Hyosung GT250R or the Kawa Ninja 250R. I called the dealership last Thursday and asked if they have one on the floor just so that I can have a look at the real thing. I got a good surprise when I was told the black abs on the floor was available. Glad I waited because I really wanted a bike with ABS, EFI and awesome styling. Not to mention that it is a Honda!

My buddy is waiting for delivery this coming Saturday for a black CBR125 Where do we sign up for the Ontario CBR rally!!?? hehe!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been raining non stop but I just had to bring this baby home yesterday.... :)

My buddy followed me from the dealership to our village capturing my first ride in video. Lotsa rookie mistakes in the video! 'twas a short, sweet & wet 10min ride. This bike is really easy to handle (even in the rain). I'm loving it!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks guys! Good luck on your course Topherguns. Let me know how it went.

Everyone was telling me that the first batch were all sold out so I was so close in getting a Hyosung GT250R or the Kawa Ninja 250R. I called the dealership last Thursday and asked if they have one on the floor just so that I can have a look at the real thing. I got a good surprise when I was told the black abs on the floor was available. Glad I waited because I really wanted a bike with ABS, EFI and awesome styling. Not to mention that it is a Honda!

My buddy is waiting for delivery this coming Saturday for a black CBR125 Where do we sign up for the Ontario CBR rally!!?? hehe!

TAKE THE COURSE. The safety maneuvers tough in the course can really save your life some day. Learning the maneuvers is tricky and a good chance of dropping the bike. So it's best to drop one of there bikes other then your own. Class had about 35 students, 25 passed the class to get the M2. Thankfully i was one of the passing ones :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! It's nice to see how many (fairly) close-by riders there are already. I for one can't wait to join up with this CBR rally! My Red CBR250R will be picked up this Friday afternoon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
@JackMan: Thanks neighbor (fairly)! So far this is the best summer in Canada everrrrrrr!! Congrats on your bike too.
Maybe we can share bike routes around our area. Here's my favorite so far.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c1b8ff229067c3 I rode this today with my camera. I'll post the video soon.
No prob :) I agree, it's definitely looking like the best summer ever! That looks like a fun loop you have there. You camera takes amazing footage!

I can't wait to get my bike, we'll have to go for a ride at some point!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for uploading another great clip! Only a couple days to go and I'm sure I'll see you out there :)

I still can't get over the quality of you camera! It's like I am riding behind my laptop's screen lol

How's the bike running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
I picked up my 250RA black from team Honda 4 days ago and it's a quite ride....amazing!!!!
I did my M1Exit last week at Humber and passed...
Cheers,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took my bike for a long ride form Barrie to Toronto. Kinda scary on the highways but I lived. Stop and go traffic on the 404/DVP witch made the engine fan kick in. The heat from that fan blows right on my legs and **** it's hot.
Still LOVE my bike!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@zmerhi: Congrats on your new bike! It really is a great bike!

@topherguns: I'm riding to work Monday and I'm not looking forward to the stop and go traffic in the morning. Going home hopefully would be something to look forward to. :)

I got my M2 temporary license last week. Yey! I've been practicing hi-way riding by going back and forth the short 401 stretch between Guelph line and James Snow Parkway. The first time was nerve-racking! Getting the bike up to speed is no problem at all. It's the freaking wind that's driving me crazy. I've got to get myself some earplugs.

I'm thinking of riding to Royal Distributing in Guelph tomorrow morning to checkout their liquidation sale.

2011 Liquidation Flyer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts