Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hum, where to start..

I'm a touring a rider, in the last 3 years I've put on over a 100,000Km. From the Cabot Trail, to Tofino BC, to Taos NM to Birmingham AL and all points between. I'm also an Iron Butt registered rider (1000 miles in less than 24hrs) and have been riding for 30+ years.

My main ride is an 04 FJR 1300 thats decked out for touring. But it's a big girl to haul around town and commute on. I was looking at a Ninja 250 when Honda came out with the CBR. I wasn't sure I'd actually like the small bike so I didn't want to spend big bucks on one.

Well I procrastinated long enough that I couldn't get find an ABS model for anything near full list so I bought a 94 Ninja 250 (aka: lil bitch) with 9Km on it. After a bit of TLC, I found I was actually having a blast on it while knocking down 74mpg avg.

Then the clutch cable broke and I had to go to the Kawi dealer, who now also just started selling Honda. Walk into the showroom and theirs my un-obtainum - a Red CBR ABS sitting there not 5 miles from my place.

Long story short, he quoted me a pretty good deal on it. I take posession on Saturday.

Anybody wanna buy a 94 Ninja? :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! you are going to like the 250! I only have one bike so I plan on touring on it, I hope I can make to So California, we'll see. Enjoy the ride.
I'm hoping so, the seat on the Ninja is... is.. 'substandard'. I've got a hard ass and that thing just kills me after an hour. I'm hoping the CBR is better.

As for touring. You can tour on anything, it's a state of mind. I'm more impressed with ppl who head out on a non-traditional touring bike then a big modern bagger like mine. But hey, I'm old and like to be comfortable.

As for SoCal, when your ready to go, drop me a line and I can give you a metric ton of tips, some of which can turn a torturous ordeal into a pleasant adventure.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I also have a FJR 1300 2009. When I get off the little 250 and get back on the FJR it feels like a tank ha ha

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, I also have a FJR 1300 2009. When I get off the little 250 and get back on the FJR it feels like a tank ha ha
LOL! I know. A big, comfortable, fast, awesome tank! :D

The goodness of the FJR really shines through after you've been bombing around on the 2-fitty for a week. I always have a 'whoa!' moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts