Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a local Honda Powersports and sat on one of the 600r's since they didn't have any 250r's in. How does the feel/comfort of the 600r compare to the 250r? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
whats a ferarri like to drive compared to a hyundai?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I went to a local Honda Powersports and sat on one of the 600r's since they didn't have any 250r's in. How does the feel/comfort of the 600r compare to the 250r? Thanks.
The 250R is lighter, skinnier (fairings aren't as wide), the handlebars are higher and closer, the pegs are lower and more forward.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
600rr is approximately 50+ lbs heavier. Seat height same as 250 but 600 saddle/fairings wider with seating postion more forward and grips more slanted towards ground. Think wheel base on 600 is longer than the 250

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't think a CBR600 compares anywhere close to the CBR250. The weight, ergonomics, seat position relative to the pegs and handlebar. It's no where close. It would be like, IMO, sitting in a Nissan Z370, trying to get a feel for an Nissan Altima.

My suggestion would be to go sit on a Ninja 250. Although the ergonomics is a little more aggressive, but you will get a better feel for it.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

·
Registered
724 Posts
Honda needs to make a bike in between the 250r and 600rr. Price Performance gap is so wide it begs for a in between bike. Yamaha and Kawasaki offer it in the Ninja 650r and Yamaha FZ6R. Buying a 11k bike plus fees, taxes is a toy most cant afford.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Honda needs to make a bike in between the 250r and 600rr. Price Performance gap is so wide it begs for a in between bike. Yamaha and Kawasaki offer it in the Ninja 650r and Yamaha FZ6R. Buying a 11k bike plus fees, taxes is a toy most cant afford.
+1. but I think Honda is taking the right step forward with the introduction of the CBR250R to the US. I hope its success will prompt Honda to bring over more of it's domestic "mid weight" motorcycles.

I think Suzuki does a pretty good job of tiering its motorcycles - GS500, GSX650, GSX-R600, 750, 1000. What its lacking is a true entry level 250 (well you could argue the TU250 is the one but it's a standard).

·
Registered
269 Posts
the 600rr is a wider bike but when you sit on it the seat feels narrower than the 250's. the clip on's are lower and farther forward than the 250, and the suspension is a lot stiff stock so it won't sag as much when you sit on it. also the rear sets are higher and farther back. i wouldn't really compare the two if you want feel. sitting on a ninja250 will give you a better comparison

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Ninja and the CBR have the same rider geometry. Though the ninja 250 feels a bit different because the fairings are much wider.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wife had the 600rr. Its an awsume bike but the sitting position was a killer. You were bent over putting a lot of weight on you wrists. We now have the 250 and you can ride it for a long time comfortably.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Wife had the 600rr. Its an awsume bike but the sitting position was a killer. You were bent over putting a lot of weight on you wrists. We now have the 250 and you can ride it for a long time comfortably.
What year 600RR do you guys have? Over the weekend the dealer had a new 2009 600RR black and red/ABS for 8999 plus fees, tax. Awful tempting at that price, maybe if I didnt buy my 250R before I saw it and test drove it I might be a 600rr owner. The sitting position is pretty tough, its like your body is getting ready to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder about these supersports GSXR600, 750, CBR1000 all the time. Just how does it feel to own something capable of 0 to 60 under 3.5 seconds.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The honda 600 is the tamest riding postion of the 600's. The Daytona is at the other end of the spectrum and the R6 is in the middle.

But this thread is comparing chalk and cheese, there about 100 other bikes midway between the 250 and the 600, the only similarity is the sticker on the tank.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My old Nighthawk 750 was too cold natured (carburated) and too heavy for me at 480 pounds but those bikes do produce 67 horses and are still around for not too much. The design is incredibly robust. Drop it and it's not the end of the world. The valves are self adjusting - no valve adjustments ever. Oil/air cooled for simplicity. People have put over 100,000 miles on the things. They do take forever to warm up in winter. But you could find a late 90's or early 2000's example with a salvage title from cosmetic issues and under 40k on it, buy it for under a grand, and ride it for another 10-20 years.

·
Registered
879 Posts
What year 600RR do you guys have? Over the weekend the dealer had a new 2009 600RR black and red/ABS for 8999 plus fees, tax. Awful tempting at that price, maybe if I didnt buy my 250R before I saw it and test drove it I might be a 600rr owner. The sitting position is pretty tough, its like your body is getting ready to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder about these supersports GSXR600, 750, CBR1000 all the time. Just how does it feel to own something capable of 0 to 60 under 3.5 seconds.
It was a 2008 CBR 600 rr. I now also have a Yamaha FZ6R. Its not a crotch rocket but has great power. Its comfey a standard sit up posisition. You can take it out on the big road all day no problem and its much cheaper the rr models. I love the bike its my favorite

1 - 20 of 22 Posts