Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 cbr
712miles
Bike been in storage. Took out today and it starts but the fuel indicator is flashing and wont go away. Starts snd run normal.
Used wire hanger to push and pull on fuel floater but no change.
Removed tank, manually lift float up and down to free anything that may caused to stick. No change. Still flashed 6 bars.
Took tank off again. Measure continuity of the float wires, it have continuity as you move the float up and down. Value were all over depending on where the float is at.

Is the fuel sending unit broken?
What else can i do?

New gas. Was on battery tender during storage..

Please advise
TIA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking it may also be the Sending Unit. I saw green corrosion on the 4 prongs that makes contact with the float circuit board. Dont know if that has anything to do with the problem. I also notice that sometime it would go back to normal, quit flashing for a while. Then out of nowhere it starts flashing again. It would flash at 1 for sometime. Then quit, shows 3 bars. Then after couple minutes all 6bars flashes. Very erratic..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a drain down battery contribute to the flashing fual bar??
My battery is original, so 7yrs old. I think it is time for new one. It is discharging rather quickly.
I unplug the white plug under the tank and the flash still there. So, i dont know. I will order a new Sending unit to try.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So i measured the battery voltage this evening, been off the trickle charger since yesterday evening. It measure 12.8v... bike starts on first try. At idle it was 14.4v, stable....
I went ahead and order the Sending Unit. I am praying the new sending unit will cure the flashing fuel gauge.
If not, i do not know what else to do.
Also ordered a new oem battery just in case..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today's update.
The new sending unit arrived.
Installed it.
Fill up the tank half way.

Bam!
Flashing gone.

Will update again in a week if anything changes.
Part ordered from luismotorsport, $64shipped..

Didn't even need the new battery, which came in yesterday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old vs new
Thank you 😊 i had same problem from 2-3 months. But due to lockdown period i didnt get parts. But 2 days before i got this fuel pump float unit. And today i changed with professional mechanic. It work nice 👌😁😁😁.. Thanks a lotttt brooooo.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts