Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I mentioned on one of the threads there is a slight problem when pumping gas.

Usually there is a FULL hole in the gas thanks, so the pump nozzle can get in all the way. It's not the case with our bikes. There is a bar in the middle of the hole where the nozzle would go through...

Anyone have any thoughts on this. I had to pump gas in a none common way. I have to manually lift the accordion from the nozzle for the sensor to pump my some gas, LOL! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought that was lame too having to hold the nozzel back....but no big deal. After all its just 2-3 gallons we're putting in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, where do you guys put the gas cap when you take it off? Lol! Do we get a gas cap holder?

·
Registered
354 Posts
one nice thing about the vtx 1300, has nothing to do with riding. You gas up, it takes the key to open the gas cap, and you can not remove the key from the gas cap until the cap is back on the tank. So it is idiot proof, I never once forgot the gas cap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one nice thing about the vtx 1300, has nothing to do with riding. You gas up, it takes the key to open the gas cap, and you can not remove the key from the gas cap until the cap is back on the tank. So it is idiot proof, I never once forgot the gas cap.
Ah, that's so good! So it just flips up I assume?

·
Registered
354 Posts
No, it removes. But if you dont put it back in the tank and remove the key, you cant start the motor. The key will not come out of the cap until the cap is installed in the tank and locked again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, it removes. But if you dont put it back in the tank and remove the key, you cant start the motor. The key will not come out of the cap until the cap is installed in the tank and locked again.
The same thing goes for the CBR 250 :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put my petrol cap on top of the petrol pump while filling. I also angle the pump to the side to miss the metal bridge. One good thing is that no one can siphon your tank as easily.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeh that dam metal piece in the middle makes it super awkward to fill up gas, i had to hold the nozzle with two hands as to not scratch my tank. Also it makes for a little spraying out if you fill at full force. :/

I just put the cap on the floor in front of the pump.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As far as that little bar, I just gas slowly so it doesn't splatter on the tank, thats annoying.

But a good idea for the gas cap is to carry a clean rag with you or grab one of the paper towels they have (for washing your windshield) so it doesn't get any dirt stuck to it and setting it on the ground or right on top of the pump.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts