Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2011 Honda CBR 250R, pumping gas into the gas tank issue?

16K views 55 replies 40 participants last post by  roadster 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I mentioned on one of the threads there is a slight problem when pumping gas.

Usually there is a FULL hole in the gas thanks, so the pump nozzle can get in all the way. It's not the case with our bikes. There is a bar in the middle of the hole where the nozzle would go through...

Anyone have any thoughts on this. I had to pump gas in a none common way. I have to manually lift the accordion from the nozzle for the sensor to pump my some gas, LOL! :p

#19 ·
Yeh that dam metal piece in the middle makes it super awkward to fill up gas, i had to hold the nozzle with two hands as to not scratch my tank. Also it makes for a little spraying out if you fill at full force. :/

I just put the cap on the floor in front of the pump.

#20 ·
As far as that little bar, I just gas slowly so it doesn't splatter on the tank, thats annoying.

But a good idea for the gas cap is to carry a clean rag with you or grab one of the paper towels they have (for washing your windshield) so it doesn't get any dirt stuck to it and setting it on the ground or right on top of the pump.

#22 ·
I just wonder what it will be like getting gas in NJ (awaiting delivery of my CBR). You are not allowed to pump your own gas where I live. I may have a problem standing the bike upright and some momo jacks too much gas into the tank and all over me! I am a really particular person so these guys better hand over the darn nozzle or should I carry a rag just in case.

Anyone have an experience of this nature?

#25 ·
That's good to know, TY. Obviously I need to get aquainted with all aspects of the bike. I'm a bit of a Type A personality so I am usually guilty of thinking things out too much in advance. I do have one question I would like to pose to anyone who knows. Much to my surprise my girlfriend expressed an interest in getting on back but her concern was how high up the rear pegs were and would it cause here to hold an extreme squat while there. Can you adjust the rear pegs for different size passengers?

#29 ·
Like 88 said, any bike where you pump the gas directly into the tank, you have to hold back the accordian thing. Even when the bar thing isn't there, putting the nozzle all the way in until it works means the end of the nozzle is half way to the bottom of your tank! It's going to shut itself off at about half a tank, so you have to hold the rubber thing back anyway, if you want more than half a tank of gas.

Have Fun,
Java

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.