Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've been on the hunt for a good CBR250R review like myself, I managed to come across this detailed and informative review i found to be better then most i've seen.

For me reviews on stuff i plan to buy are important and this article really gives me a good understanding of the bike. If you needed to get up to speed on the CBR250R read this.... 2011 Honda CBR250R Review - Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for posting the cbr250r review

nothing mentioned about colors in that review and i notice in Australia they have a tri-color paint theme that we in NA won't get....

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you've been on the hunt for a good CBR250R review like myself, I managed to come across this detailed and informative review i found to be better then most i've seen.

For me reviews on stuff i plan to buy are important and this article really gives me a good understanding of the bike. If you needed to get up to speed on the CBR250R read this.... 2011 Honda CBR250R Review - Motorcycle.com

Not bad, but this guy does a way better job IMHO

Review

[URL="http://www.motorcycle.com/2011-honda-cbr250r-tech-review-90209.html"]Tech Review
[/URL]

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much more does the ABS model weigh?
The ABS model doesn't weigh much more then the standard CBR250R without ABS. Just at a 9 LBS difference, it shouldn't make a difference in riding.

Here's the weight:

CBR250R weight without ABS - 355 LBS or 161 KG
CBR250R weight with ABS - 364 LBS or 165 KG

·
Registered
27 Posts
The ABS model doesn't weigh much more then the standard CBR250R without ABS. Just at a 9 LBS difference, it shouldn't make a difference in riding.

Here's the weight:

CBR250R weight without ABS - 355 LBS or 161 KG
CBR250R weight with ABS - 364 LBS or 165 KG
Thanks 2wheelin. Nine pounds is not much. I'm surprised they offer it for such an entry level bike. This thing ought to sell like crazy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks 2wheelin. Nine pounds is not much. I'm surprised they offer it for such an entry level bike. This thing ought to sell like crazy.
I'm surprised as well.

It's great Honda did it, it's things like this which will set the CBR250R apart from other 250cc bikes on the market. For the CBR250R price, you cannot go wrong.

Depending where you live, the ABS system can really be a life saver. I live in a busy city with a lot of crazy drivers and stopping suddenly among a lot of traffic on a bike can be nerve wrecking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm surprised as well.

It's great Honda did it, it's things like this which will set the CBR250R apart from other 250cc bikes on the market. For the CBR250R price, you cannot go wrong.

Depending where you live, the ABS system can really be a life saver. I live in a busy city with a lot of crazy drivers and stopping suddenly among a lot of traffic on a bike can be nerve wrecking.
Agreed. I think also depending on how experienced you are ABS can be a life saver.

From what I read this is a more basic system, but still better than nothing. Too bad Honda could not use the same sport ABS as found on the CBR600/1000, because they don't pulse, and are thus seamless.

Sport Rider mag did a test, and said their best riders could not out perform the sport ABS on those bikes.

Oh well, I guess for the price, we should be happy any ABS is available at all on the 250.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts