Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck Miller and Tony De Franze speak on the CBR250R technical specifications and aspects. These guys are the product planners, and they sure did well on this bike and answered to us, the customers!

·
Registered
131 Posts
After watching this CBR250R video i guess the dirt bike sounding single cylinder engine does have some benefits after all, since it makes the bike more narrow, light weight, low seat height (low seat height might be an issue for tall folks?). The weight saved should make up for the low HP and keep it up to par with bigger 250's out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Honda is 6 H.P. behind the Kaw. Thats a big difference. I really dont think the little weight difference will make up for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Honda is 6 H.P. behind the Kaw. Thats a big difference. I really dont think the little weight difference will make up for that.

It won't. The CBR is a tradeoff. More low rpm grunt in exchange for peak power.

Want more power? Get out your credit card (when the aftermarket starts making hi-po stuff).

·
Registered
27 Posts
The bike is not really that light for a 250 single. Yes it's light-er, but I'd be looking for ways to make it lighter still, and up the power at the same time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
After watching this CBR250R video i guess the dirt bike sounding single cylinder engine does have some benefits after all, since it makes the bike more narrow, light weight, low seat height (low seat height might be an issue for tall folks?). The weight saved should make up for the low HP and keep it up to par with bigger 250's out.

It may sound "like a dirt bike" but that's what thumpers sound like. Single cylinder street bikes have been around since before the Model T.

Low seat height is only good for shorter ppl. I think I'm on the edge of wanting the seat higher. My legs are pretty long (just about 35 inches).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree entirely and have been scouting after-market retailers for weight saving upgrades. Obviously, the price of the bike doesn't represent something with titanium, magnesium and carbon fiber but I still feel something somewhere can be reduced. Wheels will be my first suspect.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
There has always been 3 unique Kawasaki marketing phenominons..

Kawasaki Kg
Kawasaki Kw
Kawasaki Kph

Usually highly optimistic.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here are some speccs for a mid 60's Ducati 250 single, they were supposed to hit 100 mph. the weight is 265 lbs.
Ducati 250 Diana Mark 3
I think honda should have styled like this, less fairing, less weight, with all the modern updates of supension brakes and Fi.
I wonder what the tradoff between weight and fairing is, on the top speed.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

4.5 hp . And only above 10,000 rpm. Up to 9,500 the CBR250R has the Ninja whipped. Twisting the throttle on the Kawasaki below 4000 kind of feels like you didn't twist the throttle. It doesn't buck, but it doesn't pull either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts