Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe with this new title and .. oh wait. i forgot to put the camera where you cant see my driving skills & the funny music.:(

any advice , information or request on this bike, to help us improve our motorcycle driving skills, will be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
you know there is a little switch right by your left thumb that is great for letting other people around you know your intentions when you change lanes....

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Law of averages: You smashing your bike (and probably you to some extent), pretty high.

I'd imagine it would be a car in front that brakes for some reason and you don't have the reaction time or distance to not smash in to it.

Remember, metal can collide with hard surfaces pretty well at high speed. Human flesh and bones can't.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Get on a track with a reputable ride day company,
Its easy, they tutor you and the best fun you can have with your clothes on.
You like going fast.. now do it round corners in an environment made for it.

·
1,305 Posts
yeah i second that, tracks are alot more forgiving then the backs of SUV's:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Holy sack of potatoes! - Snipe, please don't do this anymore.

If not for yourself, think of your family and friendship circle that are going to grieve when you become a statistic...cause that's where you're heading.

The other guys comments are spot on...please get on a track for this stuff, not the road.

ps..I reckon you pissed off no less than 500 cars in that stint..I hope none of them have an adverse safety 'attitude change' towards your fellow riders in the future.

·
Registered
619 Posts
He looks like a survivor to me. Some riders really do piss me off, when I'm riding or in the car or watching their videos.

I got in behind this kid the other day on his bmw650. He wanted to show off a bit, two lane road, five o'clock traffic, neighborhood, and his speed was just completely inappropriate and dangerous.

I think if I saw this guy on that highway, I wouldn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know there is a little switch right by your left thumb that is great for letting other people around you know your intentions when you change lanes....
turn signals makes some people speed up.2 cars already hit me after i: checked mirrors, turn signal on , visually checked , doing the speed limit

both claimed they "didnt notice me"

i prefer hand signals.i look odd from a vehicle when you quickly stick your arm out.they get scared , hit the brakes like they should if you had your blinker on & allow you to pass.best part...is legal !

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Law of averages: You smashing your bike (and probably you to some extent), pretty high.

I'd imagine it would be a car in front that brakes for some reason and you don't have the reaction time or distance to not smash in to it.

Remember, metal can collide with hard surfaces pretty well at high speed. Human flesh and bones can't.

Good luck.
my plan is not to crash.matter of fact...today some lady's car (4runner)broke down & shut off in the middle of the freeway right in front of me with about 4 cars around me all going 80mph.but the worst part was the drunk that flew pass me at 100+ swerving !

stay focused & always have a plan

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy sack of potatoes! - Snipe, please don't do this anymore.

If not for yourself, think of your family and friendship circle that are going to grieve when you become a statistic...cause that's where you're heading.

The other guys comments are spot on...please get on a track for this stuff, not the road.

ps..I reckon you pissed off no less than 500 cars in that stint..I hope none of them have an adverse safety 'attitude change' towards your fellow riders in the future.
thanks stumps.your concern is appreciated 100% but look at 4:59 0n the video. look at the cars. im just trying to stay alive brother.

as for the people i pissed off ... those are the ones that are not paying attention to the road & are probably texting while flicking ashes all over me while drinking their coffee all at the same time. i dont care about them.
they dont care about my life, so i dont care about their feelings.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get on a track with a reputable ride day company,
Its easy, they tutor you and the best fun you can have with your clothes on.
You like going fast.. now do it round corners in an environment made for it.
i wish .roads with no cars:rolleyes:
most tracks are too far away & have too many rules & fees.
but i do have 3 laps at 9 turns...thanks but you forgot to insult me this time:mad:
i love haters:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is pretty halarious. I wondered if any one has ever done that. I have thought of making exit ramps my race track but I don't think I have the skill or the lack of judgement to ride like you. What bikes have you had in the past? How does the CBR compare? I think the biggest fear when watching your videos is how quick and close you get to the back of the cars. your gonna scare some old lady and she is gonna slam on her brakes or some a$$ is gonna take offense and slam his brakes on to prove a point. I too wish I had a track close!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
thanks stumps.your concern is appreciated 100% but look at 4:59 0n the video. look at the cars. im just trying to stay alive brother.

as for the people i pissed off ... those are the ones that are not paying attention to the road & are probably texting while flicking ashes all over me while drinking their coffee all at the same time. i dont care about them.
they dont care about my life, so i dont care about their feelings.
Well I gotta say...you're a bit of a character Snipe. Somehow you hang in there with some of us bagging you! :D. Stay safe man!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ah I'm not a hater Sniper.. 'To be old and wise.. first you must be young and stupid'

trust me on this lol.. I was no different and somehow by sheer luck I made it.
You can ride, we see that.. but Trackdays are where its at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ah I'm not a hater Sniper.. 'To be old and wise.. first you must be young and stupid'

Same AuFitt...I arsed it in to get to my age...absolute idiot 30 years ago.

I visit a few mates every so often....some are in the cemetery, and one good mate has been in a chair for 25 years. Sorry to all for dragging on this stuff but it is reality if you want to play the cards for higher stakes!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Passing in the acceleration lane where people normally merge into the traffic? Looks like an accident waiting to happen to me. You seem to have a real problem understanding the perspectives of those other drivers who will not realize that you are where you are when they put you in a coffin. You asked for advice on how to improve your riding.

WALK

regards
Badger

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sniper,

I hope you live a long and happy life, but I really hope you express love towards your family and close friends on a regular basis should you encounter a distracted driver one day while riding this way or make a mistake yourself that could cost you your life (let's hope it never happens).

I hope you have good accident/life insurance to help out your family in the event that statistics catch up to your risky riding style and maybe consider becoming an organ donor.

Are you ex-military by any chance?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is pretty halarious. I wondered if any one has ever done that. I have thought of making exit ramps my race track but I don't think I have the skill or the lack of judgement to ride like you. What bikes have you had in the past? How does the CBR compare? I think the biggest fear when watching your videos is how quick and close you get to the back of the cars. your gonna scare some old lady and she is gonna slam on her brakes or some a$$ is gonna take offense and slam his brakes on to prove a point. I too wish I had a track close!!!
we are not the only ones.just google "9 turns" and check out the track lay out. it look like a giant .... johnson (austin power ref)

my bikes...im like the stig.i drive everything with a motor.
this by far my favorite bike of all time.
you dont need a 1000 or 600 to kill yourself
you can do it in a 250 & save some $$$
lol...jk.
i seen too many people go into a dealer & buy a 1000 as their first bike & then read or hear about them later.:(
this bike is the best for a new rider

ps. if you get scared watching me, just got to youtube & search "r1 no fear"
thats my dad ezrockblackcbr (previous post ref no offence ezrock) on his bike before i stole his keys. now that video make my heart race every time.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

australians fight, is how they shake hands..haha. & yes, i fought all my aussy friends.
just my way of saying "hey" in australian for calling me a F***head.
if you write nice comment this will make me :(
have fun brother..is just the internet:D

ps i HATE wearing short when i ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts