Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's here!! Today my 2011 Honda CBR250R with ABS in black arrived--brand new, zero miles and ready to ride! It was six months ago that the idea of becoming a motorcyclist came to fruition. Now, I'm licensed and insured and got all my gear: Speed & Strength jacket and gloves, Black Dahlila Scorpion EXO-700 helmet, and Black Rose boots.

My first ride was filled with adventure: Traveling 4 miles from my home in a rural area, it started to rain 2 minutes after starting out... great! I quickly remembered from the training that roads are slickest RIGHT AFTER it starts to rain... so, I reduced my already slow speed and took it easy. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a fair bit unnerved. I made it safely to the mechanic to have my state inspection completed.

The short ride back home was smoother and I had a little more confidence. Although I was traveling in a 55mph zone (with 35mph curves), I was only going about 40. Traffic behind me was patient. I got up to 45mph and an oncoming semi-truck passed going the other way--nice breeze.

It was exhilirating, terrifying and empowering, all at the same time. I appreciated the reality check because it helped me keep my wits about me. I have much to learn about how my CBR250R handles, how to increase speed and feel comfortable with it, and much, much more. However, this isn't a one-time deal, it's a lifelong journey! Here's to my next ride... TOMORROW!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whats your location? What did you pay OTD? And most of all pictures?

My back tire got a little wet the other day and the back end was sliding like crazy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I got my bike from Xtreme Honda in Brilliant, OH. $4,450 OTD. I paid $300 to have it shipped to me (400 miles from the dealer). Adam was the sales guy who made the purchase easy. Sure, it's only $49 below MSRP, but NO dealer fees, delivery charges, prep, etc. It came with 30-day tags and was titled in OH. I'll take it down to my local DMV and get everything transferred to VA.

Today's ride was AWESOME!!! Got down on the throttle a bit, enjoyed a little lean in the curves and found 55mph. ;-) At this rate, I'll be flying by mid-week! Can't wait to ride again tomorrow--I think the first-time rider jitters are gone!

Pictures coming soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts