Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question is getting the new 2011 Honda cbr250r/ABS out of the dealer
for $6,000 to much? Should i go somewhere else to try to buy it?

thanks for your guys help....

·
Registered
400 Posts
that depends on where your located,and a lot of dealerships know its a hot bike right now,and that they arnt getting supplied to meet the demand.try to squeeze atleast a helmet or jacket in there lol..even if its cheap or w.e it could still be used for a passenger

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Economics 101.... Customers want something badly enough, and it is in short supply; they will pay more, so the price goes up. Dealers have a something that no one wants much of, and they will reduce the price to a level they hope customers will pay to shift it.

Of course real life is not so simple. However, if you think it is too much, try elsewhere; your money, your choice.

You can be sure some dealers will be taking advantage of the apparent short supply situation for the CBR250R. Others, probably those more interested in developing an ongoing relationship with customers, will be more reasonable in their pricing.

The answers people give on this forum may be a guide...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I live in south Louisiana and the non-ABS CBR I put my deposit on is only going to be $3699 (plus tax and such). $6000 seems insane to me. I'd drop an extra grand and just pick up a 600 or a 650 for that kind of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the break down...

unit price $4.499
Freight $595
Handling $295

Total $5,389.00

Plus taxes $449.14
License Fee $133.00
Doc Fees $55.00

Totaling out to $6,029.64

Should i try to bargain with them because hearing from you guys i think I'm paying to much. Did you guys had to pay for all these fees.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It really doesn't matter what people paid in other parts of the country. Some people got good deals, some people had to pay more, just depends on your market. You're in California, you know how they are.

At this point, I don't think they have to deal very much. You would be lucky to get it if that is what you really want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in Long Beach, and I have a deposit down on a ABS model with a local dealer for $5600 OTD. I also called around a bit and was quoted the same rate by other local dealers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
the price for abs should be a little ove 500 dollars more than Hollister Honda. these guys pull the razzle dazzle with frieght and handling. Honda actually has a recommended dealer handling fee of 295. let them stock it for a while. this is why I am not buying from Honda of North Hollywood, it is worth the 20 mile drive to Simi Valley. NH did not BS me about the cbr250, they tried the razzle dazzle in the past, I have bought 2 bike since, both Hondas, and not from them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My understanding for the United States the Dealer Cost is $3700.00 non-ABS. Honda Positioned the price of the bike in the U.S. as a Loss Leader the way Kawasaki did with the Ninja. MSRP for non-ABS is $3999.00. So Honda built in a $300.00 margin for its U.S. Dealers ...and you know to be fair they have to make something. Right? So if you have no relationship with the Dealer your working with, you might expect a full MSRP quote and maybe even freight and setup. Once the bikes are in stock every where (next year?) the gouging will subside.

I have a 10 year relationship with my Honda dealer and I have been through several bike phases. I asked "your not going to make me pay full MSRP when it shows are you?" He said he wouldn't do that to me. :) He has never charged for freight or setup. All I expect is tax, license, and some $75.00 or less fee for paperwork/whatnot.

Full insurance with medical and coverage levels on the high side, I was quoted $202.00 a year. I have used the same small insurance broker that finds me the best rates on all my insurance needs for the past 25 years. I think they told me they pulled this rate from Progressive Insurance.

It really does pay to establish a relationship with a local dealer. Things can only get better for you when you return down the road for a change to something else when the mood strikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Antwon412 was that with everything fess and such.

yes sir. Out the door price.

Call them, ask for Neal. Tell him Tony who just bought one Sat told you to call. That was for a non-abs model remember though. I Don't know if they have ABS ones in stock. But figure %500 more for ABS thats it. They dont jerk you around there. they are a "powerhouse" seller so they sell alot of units. They are a great place. I have a dealer 5 minutes from me. I chose to go 111 miles away to deal with them instead.

·
281 Posts

Yes, its too much! Even with your high sales tax..which is what...8 plus percent?? ABS sticker is $4,500. So take it from there........if you want to buy it there for some reason and you are going to keep the bike for years..well maybe. But if you want to sell it in a year ...you will get beat up on your re-sale or trade in.........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts