Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2011 CBR250r today....put 20 miles on her. Been over 6 years since dirtbike riding was normal for me.....glad to see i didnt drop her on the first day.

already have the mod itch.....gotta keep it off it til 1 st payment is made.

any first mods i should do it? :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The only mod so far for me was to paint the heat shield black. so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got 70 miles on my CBR and I've already painted the exhaust shield black, ordered a carbon fiber tank pad & gas cap inlay, smoked windscreen, hotbodies smoked front flush mount turn signals, and a hotbodies fender eliminator kit.. looking to get a smoked integrated tail light and then I'll start powder coating the wheels and rear sets. :D

I had originally said when I bought the bike I wasn't going to mod it at all- that I had bought it to save money on gas... now I'm just spending that savings on parts for it. LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings thedriver,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on the purchase of your New Red/Silver cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the welcome everyone......

has said above, bought it to save cash on gas.....going to do lite mods to it but i have a car that needs more speed mods.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mod bug is biting me......

tank pad, HID kit done so far.....

fender kit, ft flush turn signals and LED blub replacements on there way to me....

and have a LED taillight here waiting to be installed when fender kit gets here.

great bike.....300 miles on it since new last sat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't feel bad. My justification to my hubby to buy me a bike was b/c it's cheaper for a parking pass at school. Which it is. But I won't be going to NCSU until next year. And it's a gas saver. lol. And I can't even ride it yet but I've already got a list of things I wanna do to mine! Gotta get rid of that tacky fender, possibly lower it b/c I'm really short but still debating on that b/c I can touch the ground easily but not flat foot it. I eventually wanna get the rims done pink and the clutch and brake. Not a lot of pink but just a touch. haha. And yes, def need a tank pad b/c I could see myself scratching that thing up! Good luck and post pics of what you do!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true.....bug has bite me good....

HID hi/low kit, LED front marker lights, LED plate lamp, hotbodies fender elim., LED taillight with signals, shaved rear turn signals, LED flush front turn signals, and of course tank pad.....not bad for first week of owning it, lol. will be at my break IN check up with honda by friday so to the shop ill have to go. avg. about 50-60 mpg, think its cuz im alittle heavy on this bike (me about 230-40) doing nothing but highway 55 miles one way a day.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don't feel bad. My justification to my hubby to buy me a bike was b/c it's cheaper.... And it's a gas saver. lol.
OMG--that's what I told my DH! He doesn't ride, but I'm LOVIN' it!

So, the mod bug hit me last night--and eBay took all my $$ :D

Yoshimura frame sliders, CBR250R carbon fiber tank pad, cover (gotta keep the freakin' pollen off of her!), and a replacement muffler cover/heat shield (don't ask... tipped her over on the 10th day I had her. :mad: Coming to a stopsign early on a Monday morning and didn't have my right foot down--don't ask me what the @#$% I was thinking about!?!).

Anyhow... next I'm feeling some additional lighting (gotta see what's legal in Va.), and once it's available a mirrored/rainbow windscreen. Would like to see about the stuff from hotbodies, and probably a slip-on... already getting the itch for a little extra HP from time to time. ;)

So, while I said she was perfect just the way she was made, I like dressing her up for the dance, too! :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thinkin of a leo exhaust system myself, but gonna give her a month of ride time before i do it and i know this is not ever going to be a quick bike....12 months of steady payments....pay off on 13 or 14th month....then Downpayment for 600rr or a ninja 650. this bike will go to my wife....also a new rider and hope we can go ride together if we can get away from the kids. lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts