Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just picked up my 2012 Honda CBR250R, it's my first bike ever and I'm pretty excited to be getting into the sport. The first available MSF course isn't till June :( , so I'm just riding around my quiet block to a near by empty parking lot and practicing stops, starts, slow maneuvers. I know conventional wisdom would say to wait till the course, but really - this is my new toy :eek:

I'm 28, bachelor, a registered nurse. I've wanted a bike for along time, but now I felt financially ready as well as mature enough. I'm happy I got the 250r, I'm in the mental state where I can check my ego and brush off all the people riders and non riders alike whom say a 600 is the way to start. My buddies ( who both ride 600's) took the 250 for a rip and said it's the perfect bike to start on.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome! Congrats. I got mine two weeks ago. Haven't ridden it yet. Sat on it A LOT though. lol. I take the MSF this weekend so I'm excited. Just got my permit on Friday. Promised the hubs that I wouldn't ride until I finished the course. Be safe!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congrates on you new bike and yes it is the perfect starter bike. Great forum great bike ENJOY

·
Registered
455 Posts
get on that thing and ride it dude. You'll spend the first day in MSF learning to clutch and easy stuff like that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome! You'll love your bike--I've got the 2011 model with ABS and have nearly 600 miles on her in a month's time. :) I'm new, too, so you'll enjoy the MSF class and learning experience that follows. If you're looking for something to do before then, read "Proficient Motorcycling" (v.2) by David Hough. Excellent resource!

Stay safe, ride strong!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings matthew,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New 2012 Black cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts