Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here are the photos of my "new to me" CBR250. I purchased it a few weeks ago and have been getting the hang of it mostly at night time. I ended up getting it pretty dirty so I decided I would wash it, seal the paint and give it a wax.
I am a detailer on the side, so I just used the same stuff I used on my car.
I will have to get some degreaser for the wheels, as they are pretty caked with dirt and oxidation, as well as the foot pegs. So unfortunately those look a little dirty.
I used Chemical Guys Jetseal109, and topped with 50/50 wax. I used some Mothers Back to Black on the black plastic trim, and used some leather conditioner on the seat as it felt a bit dry. I ran a simple clay bar (Meguiars and Simonz) over the paint to clean it.
I did not do a thorough detail as I did not have the time, but for now, I think it looks good enough for the road!
On the downside of getting the CBR so clean, I found some marks on the bike that indicate a drop, low speed I assume, that was not indicated to me. I was told it was a brush against the garage, but it was ultimately a drop. I note some damage to the exhaust, the brake pedal, the side mirror and the end of the handle. The most noticeable is the exhaust.
I guess not a big deal, since I plan to replace the exhaust at some point, but I dislike being lied too.
Anyway, to the photos!
Sealing/Waxing phase:

Photos of the damages:

Finished Product!

Comments? Suggestions?

·
Registered
610 Posts
On the downside of getting the CBR so clean, I found some marks on the bike that indicate a drop, low speed I assume, that was not indicated to me. I was told it was a brush against the garage, but it was ultimately a drop. I note some damage to the exhaust, the brake pedal, the side mirror and the end of the handle. The most noticeable is the exhaust.
I guess not a big deal, since I plan to replace the exhaust at some point, but I dislike being lied too.
Our bikes are practically identical, including the scuff marks on the mirror, and muffler cover. Mine has a few minor scratches on the right fairing as well. The original owner told me they got there by leaning it against his apartment. Looks more like a fall over to me. Either way, it's not a big deal. I bought it to ride, and bought it used to save some money. The scratches where just part of the deal. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed a K&N filter a few weeks ago and just ordered a 2Bros Black Edition slip on in aluminum.
shows it will arrive on the 10th, will update with pics and performance.
As of now with the K&N filter it tops out at 88mph on the highway. We will see if that changes any.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Forgot to post these up.
I got the 2Bros exhaust and also scored a 2Bros Juicebox for a killer deal on Amazon daily deals awhile back. I managed to talk them into matching another models price to ours.
Anyway, pics of exhaust. I could do some pics of the juicebox if wanted.
Install was easy, never even had to remove the tank, let alone move it very much.

Also removed the tank stickers and applied 2Bros and K&N stickers to the wind deflector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts