Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 Black CBR 250 with ABS

Good day all !

Not only am I new to this site , but I am also new to ridding !

I got my M1 last week and have signed up for the ridding course at the local college , it starts June 8 th .

Yesterday I went to the local Honda dealer and bough a 2012 black CBR 250 with ABS , it gets delivered today :cool:

A few things I would like to do to the bike right off the hop to put my own personal touch on it ,is to remove the fender with an under mount kit and change out the stock muffler . I have been checking out some websites and there seems to be a fair amount out there , choice is a good thing :)

The one thing that has me concerned however , is this reported problem with the engin shutting down while driving :confused:

I am wondering , is this problem wide spread and is this something that Honda is looking at ? As a bike ment for new riders this is not the type of problem one wants to encounter while learning how to drive :eek:

Either way , I am looking forward to my time here at the CBR forum as well as booting around town on my CBR :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome and awesome choice! I bet your anxious to take your course. I just got one myself and haven't had any issues with it so far.

·
1,305 Posts
welcome to the site.

wouldn't worry too much about the engine shut off issue, anyone that has reported it states that the 1st service clears it up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks !

As for the engine ...
Ok , today I spoke to the guy in charge of the service department at the local Honda motercycle dealership ( in Whitby Ontario Canada ) . He has never herd of this issue and his dealership has sold 50 cbr250's this year , so far .

I told him how this problem is being reported all over the net and to try doing a google search on CBR 250 stalling and that he would find a lot of info / complaints on this issue .

I told him that , as reported , the problem seems to happen while holding in the clutch and letting of the throttle .

He seems to think that this issue has something to do with the valves and the people not wanting the valves checked / set at the regular service check , do to the cost of the valve inspection / adjustment .

That being said , I would be very interested to hear from anyone having this issue as to if they had their valves checked as per there regular service , or if they passed do to the cost of the procedure ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome, MaxTO! Is it safe to guess the "TO" is for Toronto! ;) Spent 5 years living on Queens Quay West--LOVED IT!

Today marks 1,000 miles on my bike and she's never shutdown on me unexpectedly. I find the CBR to be a very forgiving & confidence inspiring bike. I couldn't be happier! :D

Relax, enjoy and ride safe--you've made an excellent choice!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome, MaxTO! Is it safe to guess the "TO" is for Toronto! ;) Spent 5 years living on Queens Quay West--LOVED IT!

Today marks 1,000 miles on my bike and she's never shutdown on me unexpectedly. I find the CBR to be a very forgiving & confidence inspiring bike. I couldn't be happier! :D

Relax, enjoy and ride safe--you've made an excellent choice!
You guessed right TO ;)
And congrats on the 1000 mark ! I can't wait to complete my riding course this June 8th and then my next milestone will be 1000 K mark :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My First Bike ......Ever!!! So Jacked!

My 2012 Black CBR 250 /w ABS was delivered on last Saturday and am so excited to be joining the world of riding and this site.

I start my training course on June 8........

Nice meeting you all....:D[

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 2012 Black CBR 250 /w ABS was delivered on last Saturday and am so excited to be joining the world of riding and this site.

I start my training course on June 8........

Nice meeting you all....:D[
Calgary ? Talk about some nice scenery and open roads !
Being that close to Banff and all the mountans I could see some great weekend rode trips !

From one new guy to another , welcome !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Calgary ? Talk about some nice scenery and open roads !
Being that close to Banff and all the mountans I could see some great weekend rode trips !

From one new guy to another , welcome !
CHEERS MAX!!!

I'll post some pics of my travels!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts