Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm taking my msf course on 5/4 and am pretty much set on getting this bike, now its just down to finding which dealer will get me the best deal.
The one I am interested in the dealer will do $4400 out the door, is that a good price? I will be financing with hondas 1.99% deal.
Any input would be appreciated
Thanks, David

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey guys, I'm taking my msf course on 5/4 and am pretty much set on getting this bike, now its just down to finding which dealer will get me the best deal.
The one I am interested in the dealer will do $4400 out the door, is that a good price? I will be financing with hondas 1.99% deal.
Any input would be appreciated
Thanks, David
I was at 4.99% -_-

You got a good deal.

Head and eyes up for the MSF course! LOOK where you want the bike to go.

lol <-- You'll see.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings david92xj,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your choice of the cbr. A+ on the MSF Course.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i know i wont be getting the bike for around a month, and i went to the same dealer that quoted 4400 out the door today but they dont have the black one anymore. im a little upset because i really like the black, they still have the tri color, and the red/silver one.
He said that if he were to try to get more bikes he wouldnt see them until almost september.... im not quite sure what im gonna do at this point, or if theres another dealer around i could try.
i still have a month to think about it, just thought id keep you guys posted

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was offered 3.99%, but after calling my insurance company and finding out insurance would be $1550+ a year if I had a lien on the title & $220 a year if I owned the bike, I decided to pay cash for it.

Purchased the bike with sales tax, dealer fees, and registration out the door for about 4700.

I probably could have gotten it cheaper if I wanted to wait, and/or play like I wanted the sales rep to sell me on the bike, but I walked in there on a Friday 30 minutes before they closed saying that I wanted to buy the bike and would be back in the morning. To their surprise, I actually showed up the next day to talk numbers. I called my insurance company after they quoted me the financing agreement and realized I was not going to pay equal to my bike payment in monthly insurance, came back in on Monday- explained how I no longer was going to finance the bike, but instead considered paying cash for it and asked what the best price possible they could do for me.. sales rep waived the crate/shipping fees and I was satisfied.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so i know i wont be getting the bike for around a month, and i went to the same dealer that quoted 4400 out the door today but they dont have the black one anymore. im a little upset because i really like the black, they still have the tri color, and the red/silver one.
He said that if he were to try to get more bikes he wouldnt see them until almost september.... im not quite sure what im gonna do at this point, or if theres another dealer around i could try.
i still have a month to think about it, just thought id keep you guys posted
Get the Tri!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
if youre definitely going to get the CBR, why don't you just buy it now? Or ask the dealer to hold it with a small deposit until you get your license.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if youre definitely going to get the CBR, why don't you just buy it now? Or ask the dealer to hold it with a small deposit until you get your license.
im financing it, so my first payment would be without riding the bike one time which i think is dumb.... but then again it would be mine and i wouldnt have to worry about finding another one i guess
something to consider

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
We bought ours in December and the dealer set it up so our first payment wasn't until March. Inquire :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Also, where in MI are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to a handful of dealers before buying mine and they told me that "it is a state law that you aren't allowed to test ride a sport bike from a dealer." So I bought mine without ever riding one. Still the best decision I have made.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didnt ride mine before purchase, either. I didnt even have the MC endorsement (still dont, just have the permit I got 2 days ago). I took the bike off the lot on a trailer and rode it as soon as I got home lol. I didnt like the look of the all black in person, although lots of good looking ones on this site. Getting rid of the silver wheels on the all black is the best thing to do I think. I personally like the black/silver model better than the all black.

I fell in love with the red/silver and purchased that one. First choice would have been the tri-colored, if they had one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I bought mine without having ridden it... (I *sat* on it, but, don't think that qualifies as riding).

Best purchase of faith (after lots of research/review scouring) I've ever made... The CBR lives up to all the hype -- it's insane fun... You'll think you're at the amusement park every time you swing a leg over it, and fire it up...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
305 Posts
One, your dealer sucks. Try to find another. And about Honda having a "cap" on sportsbike loans is crap too. I walked into my dealer on Friday to look around. They had all three color options. Went back the next day, two were sold. Went back a couple days later and they had more on the floor and were in the process of building more in the back. (Still in crates). Hubby got approved for 2 sep loans through Honda. One for mine and one for his Shadow. Never rode before but did a lot of research and decided to buy the CBR250. I am a diehard Honda owner. Reliability. Just sayin. And the fact that I'm inexperienced, they sold me on that clutch. As well as the fuel injection. I got insurance quotes and 86ed the Ninja250 b/c it was double the premium of the CBR. I've never ridden before and have OUTRAGEOUS auto insurance (255/month; no DUI's) but Nationwide hooked me up for $20/month and that's full coverage b/c we financed the bike. The monthly payment is $110 which is more than I expected but I wanted it anyways. And I'm young too. Only 25. I expected the insurance to be worse. I guess just go with your gut feeling on the bike. I feel good about my purchase and I still haven't ridden it yet. Plus, it's only $4k. But as for the color, don't settle. ONLY get what you really want. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts