Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great looking bike, in the USA, Britain or France.... I think it is more French... But I'm Franco-American

Still looking for helmet that matches the color scheme. The Peter Fonda stars and strips doesn't do it

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a carbon printed helmet , put up some silver and gold stickers on it and it looks alright

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Long before MotoGP, when the bikes were know as Grand Prix bikes, the Honda Racing Corporation, teamed up with Rothmans for sponsorship starting with the 1985 season. Honda furnished Freddie Spencer with their new NSR500, and NS500's for Wayne Gardner, Randy Mamola, and Ron Haslam for the season. Fast Freddie, as he was known, went on to win the World Championship title that year, on the Blue, White, Red, and Gold Rothmans HRC Honda 500cc GP machine. The 2012 CBR250R Blue, White, Red, and Gold version is a tribute to Honda's long heritage of World Championship winning Grand Prix racing motorcycles.

By the way, the blue is called "Spencer Blue Metallic".

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just got my tri-color CBR yesterday and now I'm shopping for a Captain America shield sticker to put on the windscreen. With the way I ride I'll need all the protection I can get...

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
The Peter Fonda stars and strips doesn't do it
Worked with Peter on a movie call "3:10 to Yuma"... Peter is a nice guy, and I enjoyed working with him. He had great stories about filming "Easy Rider" with Jack Nicolson.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Long before MotoGP, when the bikes were know as Grand Prix bikes, the Honda Racing Corporation, teamed up with Rothmans for sponsorship starting with the 1985 season. Honda furnished Freddie Spencer with their new NSR500, and NS500's for Wayne Gardner, Randy Mamola, and Ron Haslam for the season. Fast Freddie, as he was known, went on to win the World Championship title that year, on the Blue, White, Red, and Gold Rothmans HRC Honda 500cc GP machine. The 2012 CBR250R Blue, White, Red, and Gold version is a tribute to Honda's long heritage of World Championship winning Grand Prix racing motorcycles.

haha good **** man . now I feel even more proud of owning this CBR in the tri color ! :D

·
Banned
834 Posts
reminds me of captain america.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

That's why I got the red white and blue. I was 13 in 1985, and I drooled over those bikes (and the women's underwear section of the JC Penney catalog).

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
That's why I got the red white and blue. I was 13 in 1985, and I drooled over those bikes (and the women's underwear section of the JC Penney catalog).
Yeah, the 500 cc two stroke era of GP motorcycle racing was the sh*t. Those bikes were Bad To The Bone. In the opening segment of the doc "Faster", Valentino Rossi used one word to describe the performance of a 500 cc two stroke GP machine... "It is like..........FAAACK!!!".

(Some of those pic's in the JCP, Sears, catalogs left little to the imagination for curious young minds, long before the term MILF had been coined.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts