Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the bike use premium gasoline or regular? and it doesn't need a fuel mixture like other small engines correct?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I be asking where the owners manual is first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whatever you are ready to pay for... The bike will run fine on regular as stated in the manual. Though if you want, you can feed it with premium. Just keep in mind, there is alot of articles out there that will show you that engines made for regular wont trade in any advantages of running on premium.

Have fun and safe rinding!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Am I the only one using jet fuel? I never get knocking or pinging.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Someone told me it 'runs on the smell of an oily rag'

so I tried it, and now the tank is blocked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really...fuel injection needs more than vapors to run...it relies on pressurized liquid to become atomization...who the f told you that???lol

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
My brothers kids once put water in the minibike tank.. but they were only 5 yrs old.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ran Valero gas in my bike a couple of days ago. It ran so weak last night. I put in 2 gallons will never do it again. Stick to Shell or 76.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like to run mine on cat pee. I'll either hold a stray cat over the tank and squeeze, or break into someone's home and scoop the clumps out the litter box. It seems to run best with some kitty litter in there.

Stick to top tier regular unleaded gasoline and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a local exxon that my titan that I had, and my jeep absolutely love and get the best mileage on so that's where I'll be filling unless I'm on a trip out of town or something.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I like to run mine on cat pee. I'll either hold a stray cat over the tank and squeeze, or break into someone's home and scoop the clumps out the litter box. It seems to run best with some kitty litter in there.

Stick to top tier regular unleaded gasoline and you'll be fine.
My cat hates the outside so much. I doubt I could get her to pee inside:p

She claws, meows, and tries her best to stay inside. I think I'll leave her in there.

But, just put the cheapest gas in there. It'll work fine.

Premium and mid-grade also has ethanol here, so it is pointless.

Pretty sure all grades have ethanol on the east coast? Correct me if I'm wrong, but EVERY single gas station on my trip to GA and back had e10 fuel.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Pretty sure all grades have ethanol on the east coast? Correct me if I'm wrong, but EVERY single gas station on my trip to GA and back had e10 fuel.
You might find one or maybe 2 gas stations in every town that has an ethanol free pump down the southern east coast...the 2 we have in this town are no where near convenient to get to to fill up at regularly..easier to just buy a bottle of fuel stabilizer and treat the 5 gallon can for the lawn mower and weed eater..and bike when its gonna sit for long

1 - 20 of 23 Posts