Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, GEP Repsol, I can get the bike to crank but not fire. I had no luck on staring the bike, the fuel injector is attached to the throttle body, or it is right in front of the the airbox connection to the throttle body. Just look it up if you did not understand my description. The fuel injector is kinda hidden and it is green.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey, GEP Repsol, I can get the bike to crank but not fire. I had no luck on staring the bike, the fuel injector is attached to the throttle body, or it is right in front of the the airbox connection to the throttle body. Just look it up if you did not understand my description. The fuel injector is kinda hidden and it is green.
Still no luck?

We need to figure out why it's not getting gas. Did the pump check out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still no luck?

We need to figure out why it's not getting gas. Did the pump check out?
Still no luck the pump is pumping fuel through the lines, I could not check how the spray is on the fuel injector because I need to get a o ring for the fuel I injector. what else can it be?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Still no luck the pump is pumping fuel through the lines, I could not check how the spray is on the fuel injector because I need to get a o ring for the fuel I injector. what else can it be?
I think you have narrowed it down to the fuel system - pump, filter, line, injector.

There could possibly be an electrical/electronic component also, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you have narrowed it down to the fuel system - pump, filter, line, injector.

There could possibly be an electrical/electronic component also, but I don't think so.
If it is electrical would you know what electrical component it would be?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If it is electrical would you know what electrical component it would be?
Other than a wiring or ground issue, the ECU would control the fuel delivery - but I don't think that's it.

Based on what I know about your situation, I think the ebay replacement fuel pump may be the issue as long as the injector sprays.

The fact that it will run momentarily when you manually deliver fuel or Starting Fluid narrows the problem down in my mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Other than a wiring or ground issue, the ECU would control the fuel delivery - but I don't think that's it.

Based on what I know about your situation, I think the ebay replacement fuel pump may be the issue as long as the injector sprays.

The fact that it will run momentarily when you manually deliver fuel or Starting Fluid narrows the problem down in my mind.
I will get a better pump that is not oem. This pump that I want to get has a review about a buyer putting in the pump into a 2011 honda cbr250r and it started right up, and I am assuming it would not start before for the person.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I will get a better pump that is not oem. This pump that I want to get has a review about a buyer putting in the pump into a 2011 honda cbr250r and it started right up, and I am assuming it would not start before for the person.
Quality control is the biggest issue with off-shore aftermarket equipment.

No luck finding a good used OEM pump for a reasonable price? I'd try that first. I don't believe premature failure of the fuel pump a known issue with CBR250Rs, so there should be decent used ones available.

Even check the cost of a new OEM one. People have reported that replacement parts have been very reasonable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
People are asking to much for used fuel pumps on e a and Amazon. they want them starting like starting $100 and up and some people only sell the whole fuel pump assembly with the pump.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had trouble getting my bike started. Battery was charged and starter was turning, but engine would not start.

turned our to be a sensor plugged into the wiring harness near the headlights. I think it’s purp is to cut the engine if the bike falls over? Anyway, once I unplugged it, the bike stat fine. I even drained the battery by keeping the lights on for hours and was able to push start relatively easily after removing the part from the wiring harness.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had trouble getting my bike started. Battery was charged and starter was turning, but engine would not start.

turned our to be a sensor plugged into the wiring harness near the headlights. I think it’s purp is to cut the engine if the bike falls over? Anyway, once I unplugged it, the bike stat fine. I even drained the battery by keeping the lights on for hours and was able to push start relatively easily after removing the part from the wiring harness.
Hey, can you send send a picture of the part that you are talking about if you have it to my email?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

Yes - from what I've found while searching for answers in another thread, that appears to be the location of the "Tip-over Sensor" on the CBR. I did not see a good picture or location of it though.

I'm surprised it will run with it unplugged.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Yes - from what I've found while searching for answers in another thread, that appears to be the location of the "Tip-over Sensor" on the CBR. I did not see a good picture or location of it though.

thanks bro, I will check it out next time I work on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
thanks bro, I will check it out next time I work on the bike.
I think you are jumping to different conclusions based on nothing more than someone else's solution to their "no start" problem... the issue your having is lack of fuel getting to the engine, not the Tip-Over Sensor.

I think you just need to bite the bullet and get a new fuel pump.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, guys I bought ad put in the ( HFP-397-U Fuel Pump with Strainer Replacement for Honda CBR250R/CBR300R/NHX110/PCX125/PCX150/ SH150i (2007-2018) )
fuel pump that cost $60 and was well worth it. When I replaced the fuel pump with this one the bike started right up with a little bit of open throttle. But the bike has not been started for a pole 2 years on it's own power and now it is idling at 6k ( 6,000 ) rpm and does not go down is that normal?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, guys I bought ad put in the ( HFP-397-U Fuel Pump with Strainer Replacement for Honda CBR250R/CBR300R/NHX110/PCX125/PCX150/ SH150i (2007-2018) )
fuel pump that cost $60 and was well worth it. When I replaced the fuel pump with this one the bike started right up with a little bit of open throttle. But the bike has not been started for a pole 2 years on it's own power and now it is idling at 6k ( 6,000 ) rpm and does not go down is that normal?
and the bike shakes where the seat is but I need to put air in the tires and it sounds like something is hitting somewhere

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, can you send send a picture of the part that you are talking about if you have it to my email?
I'll try to find it. It's probably in a random box somewhere.

I think it might actually be faulty as even when it was upright it still wouldn't let the bike start

21 - 40 of 41 Posts