Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE: 2012 CBR ABS red/white/blue color. Only 1,276 miles. Well maintained and garage kept. Comes with 3 Cortech riding bags (pictured) and top and bottom storage covers (not pictured). Title in hand and ready to sell; price is negotiable. Location: Vermilion, OH 44089.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
Only 250 miles per year is a bit scary. Why was the bike not ridden more?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Price will have to be negotiable if you want to sell it.

Jesus, I paid less than that for mine nearly 6 years ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 250 miles per year is a bit scary. Why was the bike not ridden more?
Nothing scary about it. The mileage is what it is. I can only guess you are assuming that everyone lives in Arizona where it doesn't snow and people can ride every day...or have the time to ride as much as they'd like...it's hard to find a 2012 with such low mileage...nothing to hide here & nothing "scary" at all LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP would be better off selling the bags separately, and then pricing the bike (reasonably) by itself. IMO, the asking price should be no more than $2700, assuming that it needs nothing and was properly stored over the past 5 years.
Thanks for the idea Motomike...the bags are like new so I will think about selling them separately.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Nothing scary about it...it's hard to find a 2012 with such low mileage...
But not hard to find a 2012 CBR250r. Motorcycles don't like to sit. Age and disuse will wear a machine down harder than one that's used periodically.

...nothing to hide here & nothing "scary" at all LOL
IIRC, there was lots of clutch work and problems your bike had repaired under warranty. That in addition to hardly being ridden isn't a winning combination. 1200 miles isn't even fully broken in yet and hardly enough time to fully evaluate an extensive dealership repair. But that's just me.

Accessories add no value to the bike; they're best sold separately and the bike returned to stock for the sale. And around here, good lower mileage garage-kept 250's are going in the low $2k range. YMMV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, cbrlocal. My bike was one of the unfortunate ones that came off the line and had clutch problems. Honda was very responsive as they already knew about it and fixed it all (documentation is on file at the dealership) for zero cost to me. Since that first week of riding, the bike is really nice!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
Nothing scary about it. The mileage is what it is. I can only guess you are assuming that everyone lives in Arizona where it doesn't snow and people can ride every day...or have the time to ride as much as they'd like...it's hard to find a 2012 with such low mileage...nothing to hide here & nothing "scary" at all LOL
I guess that my problem is that motorcycles have often been my sole means of transportation and even now are the preferred mode of travel. When living in Butte, Montana, the bike (a CT110) was used for at least 2500 miles per year; those shopping trips and commuting to work add up. :)

Consequently, I am in agreement about the dangers of disuse. The bike was filled up and stabilizer was added to the gas, it was then ridden home and given an oil change, and the battery was taken into the house for the winter. The bike was stored in a separate, unheated garage with a yearly minimum temp of -35 to -40 F. I want to emphasize the fuel stabilization and the annual oil change at the end of the riding season.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh wow, that's just like mine. If I had the funds to throw at it, I'd have snatched that right up. I put 1200 miles on my little 250 in a month... Bought in 2014, last ABS version available and rode it for 3 months before I went on to a 1200GS. 6500 on the odometer in that 3 months LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts