Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten too much practice on it as I work funky hours at my job right now and I prefer to have my husband with me (He's been riding for about 5 years or so and currently has a Victory). I try to get in a little parking lot practice when I can, but so far that's only been a couple of weekends but I think I've done pretty well. I've still gotta build up the nerve to hit up the more major roadways here in town, not to mention the interstate, but in time it will come. I took the course about 3 weeks ago and had just a couple of deductions on the U-Turn box (slowed down) and the quick stop (put my feet down too early), but, hey, I passed! Now it's just building up to be comfortable enough to use my bike as a commuter from our house to my work (about 30 mins- most of which could be on an interstate). Then I can park MUCH closer to my work and not have a 15 minute walk from my assigned spot to my department to look forward to every morning I work, or trying to find a spot in the afternoon traffic that hits my job every day when I've got to work second shift- I can just park in the parking garage right outside the door and be inside in 5 minutes! I mean, I'm enjoying learning to ride a motorcycle for other reasons, but you can't deny how much nicer it is to park so much closer simply because you've got a bike now. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
My wife took the motorcycle course last year. She's now just getting ready to take her Rebel on the freeway. I know what you mean about close parking at work. I get to bring my CBR indoors at work, great when it rains.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts