Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.

im brand new to bikes. have been a honda fan forever. and was reading nothing but good reviews about this bike. so i bit the bullet and picked up a brand new 2012 non abs black one. its currently still in the box and is being built next week for me. im wicked excited. just picked up a icon speed metal helmet in red. currently picking out a new jacket. ill post pics once the bike is in my possesion. i just joined up to start reading and start learning some tips and tricks and the first must do mods on the bike. hope everyone here is as friendly as some of the forums i frequent.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome, mrfunktastic! You'll be thrilled with the bike... I know I am! :D

Let us know where you're from and enjoy your new CBR!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im from a town just outside barrie ontario. i bought the bike at the barrie honda dealer. im pretty excited. i looked at sooo many bikes and this just fit everything i was looking for. im just doing some research on all the first must do mods. i am really liking the fender eliminator kit from hotbodys. so that will likely happen soon. and i wanna do some de stickering. i am also getting a price from a local shop about powdercoating the rims matt black. and i will definatly be painting the muffler guard black aswell. i was kinda pissed to find out they dont offer the 2012 in solid black. only the black/silver combo. but i will have to deal with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
im from a town just outside barrie ontario. i bought the bike at the barrie honda dealer. im pretty excited. i looked at sooo many bikes and this just fit everything i was looking for. im just doing some research on all the first must do mods. i am really liking the fender eliminator kit from hotbodys. so that will likely happen soon. and i wanna do some de stickering. i am also getting a price from a local shop about powdercoating the rims matt black. and i will definatly be painting the muffler guard black aswell. i was kinda pissed to find out they dont offer the 2012 in solid black. only the black/silver combo. but i will have to deal with it.
WELCOME!!! My 2012 CBR was delivered last Saturday and have put on 150 km in the last 5 days!! I'm a rookie in all aspects of the "riding" world but so far I'm recognizing that this world will soon become an obsession!!

My bike is black/silver too - wishing it was all black but I suppose it won't take to long to get it to look like I want it to:)

From one Canadian to another - Welocome my friend!!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Welcome. Don't think the black abs version will be available again for some time in Canada. It's a rare find now-a-days:D

Madd-Trappersnot an a$$....unless you start plasti-dipping. Then consider yourself a target lolol:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. Don't think the black abs version will be available again for some time in Canada. It's a rare find now-a-days:D

Madd-Trappersnot an a$$....unless you start plasti-dipping. Then consider yourself a target lolol:D
got a few cans on stand by. windsheild wont see it coming ;) lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
got a few cans on stand by. windsheild wont see it coming ;) lol
You are definitely in the right track. Keep them in stock always and welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the forum. Im brand new as well; from Barrie. Just bought my black 250r abs from sid lol Let me know about the powder coating the rims cause im looking into it as well. And we should meet up brother. I wont get my bike till 11th i figured ill pick it up after i finish the course at georgian.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im doing my course this weekend actually lol. sid is awesome. i help his dad all the time at my shop where he brings his car so he helped me out with the bike. keep in touch and maybe we can meet up once we both get them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sweet!! I tried to get into this weekends class actually but when i called a few weeks back they were all full. So me and buddy are doing it in 3 weeks. Ya sid's a pretty cool dude; easy to talk to and accommodating. Ye man definitely stay in touch i see so many 600+ bikes, i really dont see anything smaller around here lol itll be nice to ride with some friends.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know what live_to_ride means because there were like 3 of the black abs ones built in the show room for sale. but i requested the non abs version.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im soo **** excited. the day is edging ever closer. i get to pick it up in 2 days! i couldnt even wait to start buying parts lol so i already ordered the black adjustable levers from adjustablelevers.com. they should be here shortly after i get the bike. the muffler shield will be getting sprayed black as soon as i get the bike aswell. i will be posting pics as soon as the bike arrives.

·
Registered
226 Posts
im soo **** excited. the day is edging ever closer. i get to pick it up in 2 days!
I can remember! My bike was delivered from Ohio to Virginia. It took a few days for all the paperwork, money and final delivery of it. I was like a kid at Christmas! :D Savor the anticipation... it just gets sweeter with each day!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Perhaps it depends where you are?????????????? For awhile the all black abs version was rare. Perhaps the market has changed. Angela, sell ur bike if you wish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ya I bought one of the three abs version mrfunktastic mentioned :p. Definitely post some pics up!! I think im going to order the tech spec grips seem like a good accessory for the bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pick it up today. just barely made it to the dealership on time. got a quick one two walkthrough on it and away i went. put my first 30km on it to get home. and another 15km just cruising around. and it was dark already so no more untill tomorrow. it is the greatest feeling ever. just the right amount of power to get u where u wanna go but not crazy enough to get u hurt. here is a quick shot i took when i got home.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts