Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I recently purchased a cbr250r. Everything was working fine when it was purchased. When I was transporting it on a trailer it fell and hit the side of the trailer cracking the right front fairing. None of the LED indicators work on the dash as well as the speedometer. I check the fuses and they looked good. Any Ideas? Please help.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hello, I recently purchased a cbr250r. Everything was working fine when it was purchased. When I was transporting it on a trailer it fell and hit the side of the trailer cracking the right front fairing. None of the LED indicators work on the dash as well as the speedometer. I check the fuses and they looked good. Any Ideas? Please help.
Start by looking at the battery connections, and checking the voltage.

The impact may have damaged the battery. If that checks out at 12.7V or more, try disconnecting it for a minute or 2. There is a tip-over sensor near the headlight that cuts fuel when it's activated, but it's not clear how to reset it, so disconnecting the battery may do it.

I'd expect it's more related to the battery though.

Does it start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start by looking at the battery connections, and checking the voltage.

The impact may have damaged the battery. If that checks out at 12.7V or more, try disconnecting it for a minute or 2. There is a tip-over sensor near the headlight that cuts fuel when it's activated, but it's not clear how to reset it, so disconnecting the battery may do it.

I'd expect it's more related to the battery though.

Does it start?
The bike starts fine and the high beam display is the only thing on the instrument cluster that lights up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue where the dash, blinkers and lights were not working. My situation was caused by crashing into a mountain side and cosmetically stuffing up my bike. My issue was that one of the fuse blown out. There is a fuse that connects all the lights and dash to the circuit and if that fuse blows, cuts out power. Check the fusebox chart swap out that one fuse. Another check is the right indicator, the side that fell. If the wire has been pulled, it can cause a short circuit or possibly disconnect the circuit. All this was discovered from my experience. After the crash I tested to see if my indicator worked but it shorted out and my whole dash and lights cut out. If replacing the fuse didnt work then ya gonna have to start chasing all the wires and see if they're still connected. But from the sound of it, it does sound like a blown fuse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts