Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exceptionally clean 2012 CBR250R Tri-Color, with 13,800 one owner miles.

Expertly serviced per Honda's recommended maintenance schedule, including Valve Clearance Inspections @ 600 & 9000 miles. Full synthetic 10w-40 oil & filter changes @ 600, 4000, 8000, & 12,000 mile intervals. New OEM air filter @ 12,000 miles. New front & rear IRC RoadWinner tires installed @ 9000 miles.

Also has a 13T front sprocket, with a Speedo DRD installed and calibrated. Also Honda carbon fiber tank protector.

This bike has never been dropped, with all original bodywork in undamaged condition.

Price with the FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip-on as shown here - $2800.00 USD

Price without the FMF slip-on (stock muffler re-installed) - $2650.00 USD

Send me a PM if interested, or for more details.

Mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
That's almost shocking to hear.:eek:
MotoMike had said that he was not comfortable riding streets and roads. I suspect that the bike has had limited mileage the past year or two.

It only takes one close call to make you wonder why you are riding amongst those cars.

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's almost shocking to hear.:eek:
MotoMike had said that he was not comfortable riding streets and roads. I suspect that the bike has had limited mileage the past year or two.

It only takes one close call to make you wonder why you are riding amongst those cars.
John pretty well summed it up. It's true that over the past two years I didn't ride the CBR very often, definitely nowhere near as much as I did in the first four years (2012 - 2015) of owning the bike. Honestly, I just don't enjoy riding on public roads & streets anymore. These past couple years I've been spending nearly all of my available riding time on my XR400R up in the National Forest.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
John pretty well summed it up. It's true that over the past two years I didn't ride the CBR very often, definitely nowhere near as much as I did in the first four years (2012 - 2015) of owning the bike. Honestly, I just don't enjoy riding on public roads & streets anymore. These past couple years I've been been spending nearly all of my available riding time on my XR400R up in the National Forest.
OK, I forgive you.>:)

Seriously though I can understand that decision. It's the reason why I stick to back roads with little traffic (especially other motorcycle traffic as I consider these guys to be far more of a danger to me than the cars...but that's just my personal experience ymmv).
Anyway I hope you'll stay on this board.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm extremely lucky in that I moved to a very rural area in Central Massachusetts that has terrific roads for riding with very low traffic volume. Some weekend days I can ride for hours and it's just me and the cows, an occasional easily-passed tractor and a few antique hunters in Buicks. It's the Massachusetts equivalent of "flyover country" and the few higher-volume roads that pass through are easily avoided.
So is that it for road riding for you, Mike? Off-road only and no thoughts of maintaining a road bike at all?

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
... So is that it for road riding for you, Mike? Off-road only and no thoughts of maintaining a road bike at all?
Pretty much... although I do still have my '94 XR650L Dual Sport. But yeah, I seriously doubt I'd get another street/road only bike. A big part of the reason is that we're moving to a new place in southwestern Colorado next month. It's located up at 9000 ft. and is literally surrounded by the San Juan National Forest. Needless to say I'm beyond excited to be able to ride my XR400R (and my snowmobile) right from my property and onto forest roads & trails... that's been a dream of mine for a long time.

Who knows, if I don't find a buyer for the CBR this spring, maybe I'll look into trading it in on a CRF250 Rally... street legal Dual Sports have their advantages over off-road only bikes.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good luck with the move Mike. Living in such a crowded part of the world I'm highly jealous of the space and freedom to roam you're going to have. I live close to the edge of a national park (the New Forest) but motorised off-roading is strictly forbidden and even the legit mountain bike trails are very limited and tame. Some years ago I even got pulled off one of the open plains for playing with a power kite and mountain board.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Think my buddy Squidcle Cruza wanted to buy this sweeet beauty, but I think he got banned or something..?...lol.. btw how many blox she got?! ....? ?☺

1 - 11 of 11 Posts