Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm grossed out that this is my first Thread. I have SO many nice things and good experiences to share, but this needs to be shared now... I blogged about this this afternoon and have already gotten a bunch of email responses. So, I figured, the CBR Forum members might appreciate this even more.... I'm putting a link to the blog itself, and will come back and post it in it's entirety if the link is not allowed, because I'm not sure which the moderators will allow....

Thanks for reading, and everyone RIDE SAFE.

Link ----> ... from the office of VocalVirgo: Lipstick Enema.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Holy Frikkin god you're a better person than me cuz I seriously wouldve lost it on that chick. A motorcyclist in my neighboring town was killed after he had just got his bike registered. He was coming out of the dmv when a teenaged cager struck him. The news report doesn't say any of the charges brought up against her but I do know that she confessed to be texting as she was driving Which im pretty sure equals manslaughter.

A good friend of mind attended the funeral. He said it was horrible how the guys mother was crying. No parent should have to bury their child.

Motorcyclist killed in Norwalk crash - StamfordAdvocate

·
Registered
350 Posts
You're a better man than I...

I'd have been THROUGH her window, when I saw the phone and lipstick...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy Frikkin god you're a better person than me cuz I seriously wouldve lost it on that chick. A motorcyclist in my neighboring town was killed after he had just got his bike registered. He was coming out of the dmv when a teenaged cager struck him. The news report doesn't say any of the charges brought up against her but I do know that she confessed to be texting as she was driving Which im pretty sure equals manslaughter.

A good friend of mind attended the funeral. He said it was horrible how the guys mother was crying. No parent should have to bury their child.

Motorcyclist killed in Norwalk crash - StamfordAdvocate
That story is a disgusting shame.

It really squeezes my b*lls when I see people on the phone, or texting, or doing their makeup while driving. It doesn't matter if I'm in my car or on the bike when I see it, I always give a *honk* and signal to them to put it down. And I live in California, all of those acts are illegal, thank God.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're a better man than I...

I'd have been THROUGH her window, when I saw the phone and lipstick...
So, I'm a woman and a mom and I would have knocked the living sh*t out of her! Are you freakin' kiddin' me?!? :eek: Really glad you're okay and kudos to you for having the restraint to control your reactions.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Being a Virgo myself, I must congratulate you on your ablility remain calm in that situation. I think you probably made more of an impression on her with your demeanor than if you had just raged on her. I still would have reported her to the police just so there is something on record about her. Well handled. Glad both you and your bike are OK.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome, well written, well handled.

We should address the auto manufacturers for mirror design and render them inneffective for makeup application.

Hope you keyed her car.

Stay frosty out there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would have taken her plate and reported her for hit and run, pushed it as far as I could take it, endangerment to her own children, all the way... You did the world a disservice by letting her off the hook cause I guarantee she didnt learn $hit the way you handled it, hell, you said she hit you twice thats evidence enough. Prayers for all motorcyclists on the road.

In general though, you have to keep your radar on for these kind of drivers and distance yourself, lane split to get away or fall back just get away.

·
Registered
403 Posts
One type of car I always stay clear of..mini-vans. It has been my experience that there are 2 types of mini-van drivers..ones who drive like they just drove a car for the first time and the middle aged Men who drive like assholes.

Glad you are okay..I always say, if someone hits me, they better hope I can't stand up..they will get a helmet through their windshield.

What I always tell new riders..don't pull out if you can see a cars bumper coming. I have had people honk at me and try to get me to go ahead and pull out, but I don't make any moves unless I feel comfortable in doing so.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would have taken her plate and reported her for hit and run, pushed it as far as I could take it, endangerment to her own children, all the way... You did the world a disservice by letting her off the hook cause I guarantee she didnt learn $hit the way you handled it, hell, you said she hit you twice thats evidence enough. Prayers for all motorcyclists on the road.

In general though, you have to keep your radar on for these kind of drivers and distance yourself, lane split to get away or fall back just get away.
Agreed, I'd of called police on the spot and reported her. See that bitch in court.

One type of car I always stay clear of..mini-vans. It has been my experience that there are 2 types of mini-van drivers..ones who drive like they just drove a car for the first time and the middle aged Men who drive like assholes.

Glad you are okay..I always say, if someone hits me, they better hope I can't stand up..they will get a helmet through their windshield.

What I always tell new riders..don't pull out if you can see a cars bumper coming. I have had people honk at me and try to get me to go ahead and pull out, but I don't make any moves unless I feel comfortable in doing so.
I notice the same of minivan drivers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow. Heckuva first thread. I applaud your calmness. I don't think I could have done the same thing. Plus I've been curious since day one to see what my armored gloves can do to someone's side mirror. =)

·
1,305 Posts
That story is a disgusting shame.

It really squeezes my b*lls when I see people on the phone, or texting, or doing their makeup while driving. It doesn't matter if I'm in my car or on the bike when I see it, I always give a *honk* and signal to them to put it down. And I live in California, all of those acts are illegal, thank God.

i'm just a little south of you in OC....
i was nearly trashed by a "pleasant young lady making the most of the modern communication method".. she freaked and broke late and slid out into the intersection... no idea how i managed to stop, she was white a sheet.. still holding her cell to her face...

aaaahh i would have soo much fun as a motorcycle cop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad to hear your ok and the bike is ok. I definitely would not have kept my comments PG as you did. Also its disgusting that she attempted to pull away. Some people in society today...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts