Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend dropped the deposit and ordered a black 2012 I'm pretty excited. Debated very long over this or the Ninja 250, Honda are so much more comfy and technology wise, more advanced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should be here in June. I passed on a 011 in stock

Should be here in June, I passed on the same bike in stock but it was an 011.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Why would you pass on an in stock 2011?? You do realize they're the same bike and nothing changed between the two years. I guess to some people it's more important to say they have a '12 instead of an '11?? LOL

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I walked in and rode out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the MC41 Club. I think you'll love the bike. Where are you from, how old are you, are you new to biking? A few questions that help us figure out whether we will like you or not. LOL j/k

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I hope you enjoy your 2012 CBR250R, Rocky, although it will be no different from the 2011 model. Vehicles manufactured in these parts tend to run several years before a new model appears.

Not taking the 2011 suggests you are new to motorcycling, which is OK as long as you have a sense of humour and accept that you will be a squid for a bit. Before long you will be able to refuel your shiny new machine with aplomb.

You will probably be more universally liked if you accept that this is a forum with an international membership that includes riders of the MC41 series (manufactured in Thailand) and the MC42 series (manufactured in India), as well as potential owners and those who simply have an interest in quarter litre class motorcycles.

For many English is their mother tongue, though there are differences depending on whether they grew up with the Oxford or the Webster's variant. There are also bi and multi-lingual members, for whom English may not be their first language.

Welcome to the MC41 Club. I think you'll love the bike. Where are you from, how old are you, are you new to biking? A few questions that help us figure out whether we will like you or not. LOL j/k
Hello there me old lardy mate, Empty Sea. I am national of three different countries (with two passports), but was born in Aotearoa, currently reside in the Land of Smiles, and have ridden in about 15 countries. I am 58 years old now. I have been new to motorcycles since 1965. My only training has been at the Hard Knocks Motorcycling School, from which I have yet to graduate. None the less, I was licenced in 1969, and have raked up a few kilometers on the road since then, in addition to some off road.

Do you like me?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ Leave it to you, Mikey, to tell people how to increase their potential of being liked; almost ironic, really. Also, I'm surprised that you didn't list 221B Baker St. as one of your prior residencies, what with your amazing deduction that a person who decided to buy a 2012 v. a 2011 must be a new rider.

As to liking you, I think you're a pseudo-intellectual condescending windbag who should spend less time calling people squids and more time riding his CBR250R ... oh wait... you don't even own one. All that said, you're less caustic than some here and say some pretty funny and informative things, so sure, I like you. And it never mattered where you were from, or how old, you were. Those are not qualifiers for me which is why I said (LOL j/k) after my post to our new member.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know its the same bike, 2 things came to mind. For 1 everyone's been sitting on it with their dirty butts---lol just kidding, no the only reason was for resale value someday in the future and it is kinda nice to get it right outa the box. Now my wife says it will be handed down to her in the future so my resale value idea might be worthless at this point. My family is into dirt bikes and they all ride Kawasaki's, my son races he has 2 KX65's and all I've ever owned is Hondas, I just sold my CR250.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
And someone asked how old I am, I'm 40. Now being an American I am bashed for buying a "small" 250 cc bike. All my friends have 1100-1400cc bikes so it's nice to find people who appreciate the 250 bikes. Meaning most Americans love everything supersized. Should seen the grief I got for buying Honda Ridgeline, to each is own.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
And someone asked how old I am, I'm 40. Now being an American I am bashed for buying a "small" 250 cc bike. All my friends have 1100-1400cc bikes so it's nice to find people who appreciate the 250 bikes. Meaning most Americans love everything supersized. Should seen the grief I got for buying Honda Ridgeline, to each is own.
At my MSF class this past weekend, the instructor (a Goldwing rider, God bless him) asked the class to push their seats back then lean forward and put their elbows on the desk in front of them. He then said "Now picture sitting that way for two hours. Who's going to think THAT's comfortable?" My reply was "I do. Sometimes I get a sore back from sitting for two hours in my recliner in my living room. Isn't that pretty much the same as two hours on a Wing?" He laughed. Sport bikes aren't his cup of tea, I guess. Goldwings aren't mine. Larger displacement bikes may be your friends' cup of tea, but they will come around to understand your perspective once they see how much fun you're having on your 250. Welcome again. And where in the USA are you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And where in the USA are you?
I'm in Arizona, Bullhead area. Such a beautiful area not to have a bike is almost a sin, lol. At 70ish mpg the bike will probably be my daily driver almost all year. My dream is to ride the coast along California someday, cant wait. I also relooked into this, the CBR is too new to compare so I used brand X's 250. Kelly blue book shows retail value on a 2011 to be $3585 and a 2010 retail value of $3235 so to loose almost $300 for no reason wasn't worth it. AND if anyone cares, and I'm sure we all do, the Honda resale value is much higher per KBB-they show a 2011 CBR250R valued at $3610 so another reason to buy a Honda.:)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ Nice! But seriously, dude. A Ridgeline? Really??

ROFL I crack myself up!

·
Registered
636 Posts
welcome rocky..the ceebee is a great bike..as youve seen in this thread theres nary a dull moment..some of my friends who ride bigger bikes give me a funny look when i tell them i ride a 250 too, but after we rode together my buddy with a muscled up suzuki bulevard 850 said he was impressed by the cbr, not that i was looking for affirmation, but we ride totally different bikes however, in the end its about riding..the freedom and the feeling, and love of riding..its a great bike, have fun on it. i wish i had the weather all year around to ride..im jealous.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I know its the same bike, 2 things came to mind. For 1 everyone's been sitting on it with their dirty butts---lol just kidding, no the only reason was for resale value someday in the future and it is kinda nice to get it right outa the box. Now my wife says it will be handed down to her in the future so my resale value idea might be worthless at this point. My family is into dirt bikes and they all ride Kawasaki's, my son races he has 2 KX65's and all I've ever owned is Hondas, I just sold my CR250.
Obviously not a squid then. Like me, it seems you were lucky enough to start riding off the road. Once I got on the road it was just a matter of learning how to handle traffic, though there was little of that where I lived as a kid.

And obviously good humoured enough to roll with the blows.... you seem alright.

I have never bought any vehicle for its resale value. I get what suits my needs, and tend to keep them for years, until they are either stolen or have no useful life left in them.

I have owned five motorcycles in three countries since 1977. I got $50 from a scrappy for the first. I still own the second, which I bought in 1985, but it is no longer registered for the road (over $400 a year in NZ now), so some young fellows use it to hoon around the hills. The next two I owned in England, and they were both stolen after a few months and five years, respectively. I have had my current 15-year old ride for nine years here in Thailand. I will give it to the mechanic who has serviced it for me when I move on later this year; it still has a good few years left in it.

A CBR250R is on the short list for when I return to NZ, but it is not the only option.

^ Leave it to you, Mikey, to tell people how to increase their potential of being liked; almost ironic, really. Also, I'm surprised that you didn't list 221B Baker St. as one of your prior residencies, what with your amazing deduction that a person who decided to buy a 2012 v. a 2011 must be a new rider.

As to liking you, I think you're a pseudo-intellectual condescending windbag who should spend less time calling people squids and more time riding his CBR250R ... oh wait... you don't even own one. All that said, you're less caustic than some here and say some pretty funny and informative things, so sure, I like you. And it never mattered where you were from, or how old, you were. Those are not qualifiers for me which is why I said (LOL j/k) after my post to our new member.
Actually I prefer the term quasi-intellectual. Being liked has never been particularly important to me. Being blunt works best in my job; if I seem rude, so be it. I am not too worried about being right either. I tell my students to have a guess.... Right or wrong they can learn something. Sometimes being wrong puts one on the path to learning more.

I tend to only spend as much time riding as is necessary to get to where I want to go. I quite enjoy the ride none the less and tend to favour the wind in my face scenic route over the direct one.

If The AOP wants to have his squeak he can do it in the open forum, rather than making an idiot of himself in a PM where nobody else can see it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Screw the bashers. They're clearly clueless.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the bike.:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just laugh at all of them when you pass them at the gas station because their bikes can't get over what a small economy CAR gets in gas mileage!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts