Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I thought they'd mix and match colours for different countries.. clever move because I cant see this model changing for for a decade or so.

Hey do You guys the VTR250 naked bike in the US?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I love my silver/red/ Shines in any weather condition.
Not a fan of black for night time visbilty
The new blue white is just average to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
+1 Sendler. As stupid as it is, I might trade mine in just for that color combo if it came out. As some of you have alluded to, I think new and different color schemes would be the cheapest way Honda could sell more of these bikes, since they are probably not going to make significant changes anytime soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love my silver/red/ Shines in any weather condition.
Not a fan of black for night time visbilty
The new blue white is just average to me.
I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the tri-color one. I would either have to paint the front fairings and tank red or white, or I would paint the front fender blue or white. I think ideally I would paint it all white and leave the red accents on the side fairings and tank.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I thought they'd mix and match colours for different countries.. clever move because I cant see this model changing for for a decade or so.

Hey do You guys (get) the VTR250 naked bike in the US?
No we don't. Last VTR250 only lasted a couple of years ('88 to '90, pretty sure). That was the full-fairing model, we never got the naked model. Paint designs were bad - white + purple + blue - all extremely feminine.

For those that aren't familiar with them, 250cc V-twin -

Here's a really nice custom first gen, even has the RWB paint -

This is a modded naked like the current VTR. Latest one is FI also -

I was hoping that Honda would bring them back to the U.S., but I don't think there is a market for both the CBR and the VTR here unfortunately.

Jay

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yep jkv the orange one is the one we've had for 10 years,still sold alongside the cbr but its a bit more expensive now its FI... Its actually a good little bike.
Before that was the Naked Alloy framed Spada VTR250 in the late 80's/90's and before that the original fully faired VTR from about 1983.

I was looking at the US Honda site just comparing models... heres ours if anyones interested.
Home | Honda Motorcycles Australia

·
Registered
529 Posts
I read that the VTR250 has a dry weight of just 310 lbs. Is this true? And 6 more horsepower than the CBR250R (assuming similar drivetrain losses). Honda - don't bring this bike to Canada because I will have to buy it. ;)

The CBR250R seems relatively rotund by comparison (dry weight reported by Cycle World magazine as 337 lbs). My next mods on my CBR250R will include a reasonably quiet and much lighter weight slip-on exhaust (Akrapovic?) and a Shorai lithium battery. That should get my ABS equipped bike down to the 350-352 lbs wet weight range.

Mike

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I predict a MSRP jump to 4199 or 4299. The 3999 MSRP is without question, the best bargain in the scooter or motorcycle world for 2011.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts