Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! Im starting this thread to consolidate the information/pictures/videos I have out there about my bike and the mods I have done to it. Ill do my best to keep it up to date!

The day I picked it up:

Current:

Mods:
Yoshimura Rearset Brackets
Woodcraft Clip Ons
Leo Vince Corsa Carbon Full Exhaust
Jett Tuning Power Commander PCV

Bodywork:
MotoFairingsInc (eBay)

Tires:
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003

Videos:
A few laps on the CBR250R at Heartland Park Topeka

Planned Mods:
Sprockets (Not sure exactly which combo I want to run, yet)
Non O-Ring Chain
Racetech Springs/Emulators (Planning to contact Thermosman about this)
Preload Adjusters
Rear Shock (Not sure on which on to go with, yet)
R6 Throttle Tube (Shorter turn to get to full throttle)
Spiegler Brake Lines

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Think you'll find a new front sprocket (13T), stiffer front springs with preload adjustments to front and rear will make a huge difference.

Keep your bike updates and track progress coming.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I was using a 13t front sprocket, but I switched back to stock gearing because I was maxed out on the front straight before the start/finish line at my home track.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was using a 13t front sprocket, but I switched back to stock gearing because I was maxed out on the front straight before the start/finish line at my home track.
This is my fear, as well. Im waiting to see where the club Im looking to race with next year will be running. I know one track that they usually run would benefit from the extra "umph" from the 13T front but I dont want to be changing out sprockets all the time, either. There is a pretty good chance that we will be running another track that has a very long front straight and if the Ninjas are getting up to 100+ and Im stuck at around 85 MPH, its going to suck.

I also need to get my tune in order with the bike. When I went to the Leo Vince full exhaust and the PCV, I got a lot more usable power in the mid range for coming out of corners but I lost 2-3 MPH on the top end. I will need to get around that issue before I would even think about switching sprockets and losing even more off the top end. I didnt plug the PAIR valve, so that might be part of the issue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm open to suggestions for the best chain. You guys who have switched to the non o-ring chains have any recommendations?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I can tell you the brand I have when I get home.
I was unable to find any brand non o-ring chain with a rivet link, so keep in mind you have to safety wire the clip link properly. You don't want it to come loose.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can tell you the brand I have when I get home.
I was unable to find any brand non o-ring chain with a rivet link, so keep in mind you have to safety wire the clip link properly. You don't want it to come loose.
I'd appreciate it. Could you maybe also try to snap a pic of how you safety wired the clip, please?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe add it into the back, ie go up to a 39. Also i remember a mod on this forum with header pipe and grinding the inside baffles. It gave some power back to the mid to top range.

Made an excel app that calculates all those things, and if you have a torque mapping for your bike shows best shift points.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/26369-truth-about-changing-sprockets-tires.html

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "flush", there.
Flush,maybie just brits use it to refer to a smooth an minimal finish to bodywork on a car or bike etc....Like a sort of finish where all the bodywork and badges,locks,bit n pieces etc all kind of blend in to a minimal effect...its a hard look to get right,yours is done well...For example,i would say the back of this car has been flushed out....

With me ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Flush,maybie just brits use it to refer to a smooth an minimal finish to bodywork on a car or bike etc....Like a sort of finish where all the bodywork and badges,locks,bit n pieces etc all kind of blend in to a minimal effect...its a hard look to get right,yours is done well...For example,i would say the back of this car has been flushed out....

With me ?
It's race bodywork. of course it' "flush".

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's race bodywork. of course it' "flush".
Well in that case im sorry i pointed it out...Im sorry i even thought about it...Infact im sorry i even thought about having that thought thunk up.....

Not all track bikes look AS flush as this baby....Hence me saying 'SO flush'

Will somebody give xtina a hug,maybie a valium

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well in that case im sorry i pointed it out...Im sorry i even thought about it...Infact im sorry i even thought about having that thought thunk up.....

Not all track bikes look AS flush as this baby....Hence me saying 'SO flush'

Will somebody give xtina a hug,maybie a valium
Seems you are the one that needs it...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now, now, children. :) We are all friends, here.

benny: I know what youre saying. Id just never heard the term "flush" used to describe a bike. I thought it was mostly car guys that used that term.

If you think the pic of the car you posted is flush, you should see my 350z. When the weather gets nicer (we have all sorts of snow/nastiness here, right now) Ill pull it out of the garage and snap some pics for you.

Anywho... back on topic.... I have been working on the race bike a bit here and there so I should have some more updates to give you guys, shortly. I just wish the weather was nice enough for me to get out and test ride the bike after making some of the new mods.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I installed the keyless ignition today and it works great. Thanks again 600k2! I was going to remove the ignition cylinder but saw that it will probably be easier to just replace the top triple.

I have also disabled the PAIR system. So far, I just removed the solenoid and plugged the hoses with a couple of bolts and clamps.

If a mod could contact me about editing thus thread, that would very awesome. I'd just like to be able to edit the original post.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts