Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
After learning that I was shifting gears too early and locked the bike in 3rd gear (had a buddy who is a MSF instructor ride the bike to get it "unstuck"), i went for my 2nd ride and after about the same distance/time that I locked the bike in 3rd gear (3 miles/10 minutes), the bike is now stuck in 1st gear and won't shift to neutral or any other gear. Thankfully, i got home fine (and very slowly) because I atleast had first gear. Called the dealership and they want me to bring it in which I will do.

Has anyone heard of this before? I have ridden for years on a nighthawk and never had any problems at all with it. So I don't know if i am riding incorrectly or if it is the bike? The bike seemed to be performing fine and I was having a blast! Then, all of a sudden, it just gets stuck in a gear and it feels like the clutch just lets go and is completely useless.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...the bike only has 9 miles on it and i'm frankly concerned about riding it in traffic because of these issues. Matt

·
Registered
879 Posts
Dont think its anything your doing wrong. Im sure theres something wrong with the transmission and the dealer will be able to get you up and going again. Keep us posted this is the first problem like this ive heard of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts