Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd stop in and say G'Day. Just got a new 250R along with a shiny new learners license. Been driving for a good 16 years and decided to make the switch to 2 wheels when we needed a second mode of transport. A second car was going to be too expensive to run and maintain and I'd always wanted my bike license so it was an obvious choice.

Taken it for one spin out on the big bad roads so far and must say I'm impressed with it. Not only was it my first time on the bike, it was also my first time on the road. I must say this bike made me feel very safe and secure. Has a nice sound when you push it hard and pulls nicely up until about 8,000.

Got a kind of flu thing going on at the moment so hanging out to ride it again.

Ciao
Shads

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd be wary of feeling safe and secure.

Ride like you're not.

Be aware of what is going on around you. Learn and practice the basic skills. Then you have a good chance of staying safe.

Yes, a motorcycle makes a lot of sense as a second vehicle; if only more people realised that. You might find it become your transport of choice on many occasions.

You have to be an Aussie, or maybe a Kiwi, I reckon. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings MrShadow,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulation on the new cbr.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome

Hey Shads,

Pickin' mine up on Friday.

Black, ABS.

I'm in Sydney.

See you round.

Ausfox.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I am in WA and taking my test in early March looking at buying a Red ABS model - what state are you in?

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry I haven't been replying, been hectic at work. I have the Black ABS and am looking at keeping any mods simple. I need a tank bag. Would like a tail bag but I'm only just tall enough to get my leg over the seat as-is, I think a tail bag would make it a bit too hard to get on and off (I hate being a short arse sometimes!). The only other mod I have is some high vis bullets I'm going to mount on the fairing to make me more visible. Having an all-black bike and a (mostly) black helmet and jacket ain't too good for visibility. Also thinking of getting some kind of high-vis vest for night/bad weather riding. I have seen some photoshop pics someone has done and thinking I may possibly investigate getting some spray painting done on the fairings but will have to see how the money goes. Only other mod is to replace the exhaust. Kinda pointless of a 250 but, as I mentioned earlier, it will help people notice me - even if they think I'm a jerk for making the bike so **** noisy. At least they know I'm there!

Someone asked what state I'm in (replying on iPad, so navigation is rather interesting). I'm based in NSW, north of Sydney.

Actually took the bike for two big rides today around the local area. Put 100 km on it. Handled brilliantly. Can't say the same for the rider but I didn't drop it, didn't cause an accident and didn't have an accident (or any near misses) so all up a good day. Looking forward to getting out again tomorrow before work starts up again on Wednesday.

Cheers
shads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts