Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like Honda typically releases paint scheme change and/or design changes in September for the following year.

Do you think a new paint scheme for the U.S. CBR250R will be released as well next month?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard there will be no color change for the 2012s ( I was told by 2 separate dealerships), but they also said my bike would be here by now so... :) They say Suzuki will see a pigment swap for the new year, but for the Honda CBR 250R, the song remains the same ;) I hope so anyway, that black is soooo sleek I would hate to miss out :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are only going to release them in pink. That way us glutenous Americans will stop buying them and Honda can stop their experiment of bringing a great small discplacement bike over here and start marketing the all new VFR sportstourer with the 6 cylinder 18XXcc engine. Thats what we really want anyway.....right folks?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dear Mr. Honda,

Please bring us this color for 2012 to North America:

Pretty please?

a sincere thank you,
Another happy Honda customer

·
Registered
192 Posts
A silverstone CBR would look nice parked next to my silverstone S2000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey billyedtimmy, thanks for posting that photo.

I just got off the phone with the local importer/dealer. We don't get any CBR250R's until November, but he said we will get red, black and "a gold one" as well. I've been trying to find that scheme, looks like you did just that! I SO NOT wanted yet another black bike in the garage and am not too enamored with the red/silver busy-ness.

I am ordering the goldie with ABS.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If they really are bringing a gold it might look similar to this picture that was already posted.

For some reason I think it would look good with white lettered tires in that color. Don't know why....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I heard for my dealership (and the honda rep that was there when I purchased my 250) that they were just going to take the bikes they have already made but not yet sold and stamp them with VINs and sell as 2012's and that there would be no changes mechanically or cosmetically.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too was told that mechanically there are no changes, Costa Rica's first imports will be 2012 model year with the only diff being that added color. I sure hope they are right about that - I asked again and they insist they'll get a couple in gold, perhaps four total with ABS. If there are any other prospective Costa Rica buyers reading PM me and I'll give you my source contact in Alajuela.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I heard for my dealership (and the honda rep that was there when I purchased my 250) that they were just going to take the bikes they have already made but not yet sold and stamp them with VINs and sell as 2012's and that there would be no changes mechanically or cosmetically.
Honda Motorcycle division got sued BIG TIME in the 70's for selling left over bikes as 'next year's model'. Losing that suit was the genesis of the Labels that boldly proclaim the Honda Model Year of the bike.

I doubt seriously that they are going to try to pull a scheme like what your dealer described.

Edjicate them dealarr youngun's bout them's histy, Kay ?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Its the best looking of the lot and we dont get it in Australia dammit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts