Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Some of you flash guys in the States seem to like to brag about all the vehicles you have for different purpose, or sometimes no real purpose at all. You like to show off you new hardware and think everyone should respect you for it. Bear in mind that there are others out in the big wide world, who may have only one vehicle, and it has to serve multiple functions...... an artifact to show of how much money, or credit, they have access to may not be one.
Everyone who owns multiple bikes isn't a "flash" guy Michael. I own multiple bikes and I'm not the least bit flashy. No fancy jackets or boots here. I'm a retired engineer and my hobby is restoring vintage bikes which I end up putting in shows. I'm a bike enthusiast and so are my friends who all have more than one bike. I don't go to Starbucks and pose, I wouldn't be caught dead in a helmet with graphics ( I wear a $99 dollar geeky white AJC) and I wear cheap work boots and Costco gloves when I ride. I put up pictures of my bikes because I enjoy doing so and letting others see my bikes, I also enjoy looking at other's bikes and enjoy attending biking functions. I ride every day rain or shine and usually ride a bike most people wouldn't be caught dead on. I can only afford several bikes because where I live if a bike is over 25 years old and in original condition it's considered a "collector" bike and says so on the plate. With my seniors discount I pay less than a $100 dollars a year for insurance. I always have one new bike for longer trips or if my other ones are in pieces. And I always ride alone, not into trying to fit into groups or catagories of riders.

As far as people in the "States" I like them, I married one and have many friends in the US none of whom fit your criteria of Americans or take for granted the advantages afforded them by living where they do. Get over your "country envy".

I did use the word some, Feliz.

I am happily multi-national; why do you suggest I have "country envy"?

I am even less envious of people who seem to have more money (or available credit) than brains, and feel they have to protect a heap of artifacts with their life.

Dare I say it, a lot of those seem to be a certain type of American, that even their compatriots have little time for..... but it can be fun to wind them up a bit! I do work and mix with a few Americans, who have ventured outside their backyard. Most of them are far more humble and altruistic souls. I had a beer with one last night.

We all have hobbies, and here we all have an interest in motorcycling, albeit different aspects for different reasons. I don't see what you have to be all defensive about. Enjoy your tinkering, as I also do on occasions.

I did use the word some, Feliz.

I am happily multi-national; why do you suggest I have "country envy"?

I am even less envious of people who seem to have more money (or available credit) than brains, and feel they have to protect a heap of artifacts with their life.

Dare I say it, a lot of those seem to be a certain type of American, that even their compatriots have little time for..... but it can be fun to wind them up a bit! I do work and mix with a few Americans, who have ventured outside their backyard. Most of them are far more humble and altruistic souls. I had a beer with one last night.

We all have hobbies, and here we all have an interest in motorcycling, albeit different aspects for different reasons. I don't see what you have to be all defensive about. Enjoy your tinkering, as I also do on occasions.
You would find the type of people you're talking about in any country, stop slagging on Americans I find it offensive as I would if they were bashing other nationalities.....something I don't see. You aren't the only one who has travelleled.

With my vacations and business travel I've spent a few years of my life in the the US in total and I have always been treated well and have never met an American I haven't liked. I can't say that for every country I've visited. This is a motorcycle forum not somewhere to vent your political/national frustrations.

You would find the type of people you're talking about in any country, stop picking on Americans I find it offensive. You aren't the only one who has travelleled.

With my vacations and business travel I've spent a few years of my life in the the US in total and I have always been treated well and have never met an American I haven't liked. I can't say that for every country I've visited. This is a motorcycle forum not somewhere to vent your political/national frustrations.
You could say that to quite a few others, many of them Americans, far more aptly than to me. You could probably even say it about your charming self; you seem to be looking for a scrap here.

I have taken the Mickey out of a few who I have found offensive. Some are American, but by no means all. Does that make me anti-American?

Is the CBR250R a lemon? It seems not, and I am pleased to see the quarter litre class revived...... And that's that.

you seem to be looking for a scrap here./QUOTE]

I like a good scrap about motorcycle related topics. Your bad mouthing Americans has grown tiresome.

We need more small bikes, say 250-400cc bikes. If what I read is true, and I hope it is, we'll have at least a couple more in the next year or so.
I think Europe have the widest selection of bikes from what I read in the magazines. Or maybe Japan were a lot of nice retro bikes are available.

To the original poster, sorry for highjacking your thread. The CBR is in no way a lemon!!!

You would find the type of people you're talking about in any country, stop slagging on Americans I find it offensive as I would if they were bashing other nationalities.....something I don't see. You aren't the only one who has travelleled.

I have seen some dreadful examples of jingoist Americans slagging non-Americans on this forum, which I, among others (some of them American), have found offensive.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.