Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2012 Honda CBR250-Rusting Issues

12K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  KRA5H185 
Dont blame Honda for a neglected motorcycle, and with those miles on it its sad.
Take some pride in your machine man or it will kill you.

Seriously... do you know what an owners manual is?

Hi all !

I purchased my CBR250 C-ABS Triple Heron Variant on 5th May,2012.Got the first servicing done on 5th June,2012 with an odo reading of 492 Kms.Just 25 days and 200 kms of the first servicing I discovered that the entire length of the chain was rusted ...BLAH BLAH ......

Any advice here would be most welcome
So you jumped on an internet forum with your first post saying you'd never lubed the chain in 25 days but you want to blame Honda lol.

:D

lol, looks like a dry neglected bike thats never seen any chainlube and WD40 in its life.

(And yes its easily wiped off the discs with contact cleaner or acetone).
As for the chain you've just proven you dont use chainlube.

From brand new the ownership starts, first thing is to prevent all this, but thats up to you and if you want to spend $4 on wd40.

Learn from this.

A chain will start to rust in a day if given the right conditions. You are in temperate climate. The chain should be lubed every two fillups or 500-700 km and more if it gets wet. While the products in India may be inferior you know this so you should be proactive in preventing more damage. In short, lube the s**t of of it all the time.
^^ This.

Even dodgy Indian workmanship can be prevented with maintenance.
Its up to the owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.