Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
(200000 INR is a big amount most most Indian consumers)
200000 INR = $3602 USD, about $1000 USD less than I paid for my bike.

I suppose it's true they skimp on some components to provide it to you at an even more economical cost.

So... every rusted fastener and your chain, buy a quality replacement.

I don't know about India, but in the USA, things don't get "Recalled" unless it's a matter of life and death, and a rusty chain is the only thing I see from your photos that could even come close to being described as such.

If the chain gets wet, IT GETS RE-LUBED. Period.

That's assuming there was lube on the chain leaving the dealer. Also, while the miles are low, the bike also sat... and sat... and sat.

^^^ This. And... got wet, quite apparently. Since rust doesn't happen without it.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
That's assuming there was lube on the chain leaving the dealer. Also, while the miles are low, the bike also sat... and sat... and sat.
The bike was idle only for 6 days not like eternity as you would describe.I mean during the servicing the chain was properly lubed and there was no rain for the first 3 days out of the 6 days mentioned.The bike was ridden during heavy rain within the first 500 Kms and there was no rust and after that it was re-lubed during the servicing.Until unless the chain is of inferior quality this wont happen.I have talked to many CBR owners who dont ride frequently and do rough use but there's no problem for them.I happen to be very unlucky.Even the down sides of my grab rails are rusted.Please don't support Honda for all this.

A chain will start to rust in a day if given the right conditions. You are in temperate climate. The chain should be lubed every two fillups or 500-700 km and more if it gets wet. While the products in India may be inferior you know this so you should be proactive in preventing more damage. In short, lube the s**t of of it all the time.

If I didn't misread your previous posts, you mentioned that you've paid extra to have service done on your bike. Looking at your chains, it really doesn't look like it's been properly lubed.

Quite possible that the dealership service department cut corners?

Also, it's a shame but to be competitive in India market, very possible that some components are inferior compared to ones sold in other markets. I've heard that the brake unit used in India is not the same as for other market (apparently, calipers are made by a sub-brand of Brembo in India), so quite possible that the rotors are sourced from local, cheaper spec brands.

My chain is a DID. I don't know where it was manufactured, but they are good quality. That too would rust, if not lubricated. Looks like the people that were supposed to lube your chain, didn't do it properly. Cast iron disks can rust in a day, it's the nature of the material, but it's still the best we have for disk brakes, for the cost. ;)

Yes, but I'm sure, if we had carbon disks, someone out there would be up in arms about how these brakes really suck unless you drag them for a bit to warm them up. :D :eek: :cool:

There really isn't nothing you can do about the rotor itself rusting, but looking at the pictures, I was surprised with the ABS pickup rotor rusting, as well as the bolt holding it rusting, and the rear adjustment bolt rusting as well.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
A chain will start to rust in a day if given the right conditions. You are in temperate climate. The chain should be lubed every two fillups or 500-700 km and more if it gets wet. While the products in India may be inferior you know this so you should be proactive in preventing more damage. In short, lube the s**t of of it all the time.
Its this particular bike that has serious low quality standards in India and only Honda can manage this level of callousness.You buy a Bajaj. ..just one complain they'll run after you if you shoot a mail to the senior executives.In Yamaha they dont even allow that to happen, pity that theres no 250cc segment in Yamaha in India else who gives a **** to Honda compared to Yamaha.Honda fanboys take no offenece its just my opinion.(Not comparing engines of both camps they both r great in their own way)

I think you should sell it then. what's the sense in having a bike witha perpetually rusty chain?

the only other reason i can see for rust forming, other than leaving the bike out in the rain, is a high presence of acid in the area. do you work near a galvanizing plant or some sort of chemical facility? i know acid removes rust from metal but if certain metals are left out in the presence of acid they can rust also.

Its this particular bike that has serious low quality standards in India and only Honda can manage this level of callousness.You buy a Bajaj. ..just one complain they'll run after you if you shoot a mail to the senior executives.In Yamaha they dont even allow that to happen, pity that theres no 250cc segment in Yamaha in India else who gives a **** to Honda compared to Yamaha.Honda fanboys take no offenece its just my opinion.(Not comparing engines of both camps they both r great in their own way)
Yamaha do build this Yamaha YBR250 (2009-current) - Yamaha Motorcycle Reviews I'm not sure which countries they sell it in though. I'm not sure if it's an official UK model, but there is a used one in a motorcycle shop near where I live. Ironically, the exhaust is a bit rusty on it. :D There's this coming up from Suzuki as well. Suzuki unveil new naked 250 - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown ;)

Discussion starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.