Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best of luck. That's higher than most dealerships were selling old year models brand new. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Thank you! Yeah I think the sale price when I bought it was around $3,800 but with fees and taxes I think I paid something near $6000.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In my part of Canada, they're going for $2100-2700 Cdn. That's between ~ $1600 and $2100 USD, but bikes generally cost more up here than in the US.

Hopefully that gives you a ballpark to work with. The resale value of the 250s was driven down when the 300s and R3 came out.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Thank you! Yeah I think the sale price when I bought it was around $3,800 but with fees and taxes I think I paid something near $6000.
Yikes, that's a whole lot in fees & taxes to go from a sale price of $3800 to almost $6000 OTD!

When I bought my 2012 CBR250R in April of that year, the selling price was $4099, plus $100 doc fee, $40 for title & 1st yr reg. fee, and $123 for motor vehicle excise tax... so total was $4362 OTD. And that was for a current model year bike, not a 2 year old non-current model.

Obviously, sales taxes & title/reg fees can and do vary across different states. Not to mention that some dealers seem to have no problem charging ridiculously high set-up fees, while others are much more reasonable.

As for what these CBR250R's are realistically worth/selling for today as used bikes, from what I've seen I'd say that $2400 to $2600 is a fair average selling price in the U.S. for a stock bike in overall excellent condition. And if a seller wants to get top dollar* for bolt-on mods, those items really need to be removed from the bike and sold separately.

* IMO, that's about 40-50% of what the item sold for originally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I still have the contract somewhere in my files I just have to go and look for it. To be honest I think the dealer kind of ripped me off because they charged me something near a thousand dollars for assembly and shipping and receiving fees. I paid a lil too much for it but I was a lot younger then and didn't know much. In my area my bike 250s go for around 2300-3300 depending on mileage. I’m very negotiable on the price, so I’m just fielding everyone’s offers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The resale value of the 250s was driven down when the 300s and R3 came out.

Cheers!
I know man! I wish I sold my CBR and FZ09 both two years but I convinced my self that maybe since I don’t ride them much they’ll keep their value because of the miles. My plan is to sell both soon hopefully and just buy a dedicated track bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts