Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second day owning my first bike and I was practicing tight U-turns at slow speed, only thing I had a hard time with when I did the MSF training class, and to my awesomeness, went too tight and just lost it. Dropped the bike on it's side, landed square on the left side blinker. Took a look and thought the damage was superficial and continued to practice riding for another hour around my neighborhood on a dead sunday morning. Had no problems at all, electronics all still worked, rode just fine, but when I got home I did a full check and noticed this.
My stupidity - Imgur

It seems to be all damage to the plastic body work on no moving parts or near moving parts, and I'm just trying to see how urgent it is I get it in to replace said parts or if it's even safe to ride to get it fixed.

Feeling pretty awesome about my day right about now. Dammit.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If it works, then ride it.

To live is to learn.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Look where you want to go. Look left, lean left. Look right, lean right.

Head and eyes up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bad luck on dropping your bike - I have just done something similar.
I have recently made a new post with a link to the full parts catalogue if you choose to order the parts and fix it yourself.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
534 Posts
Don't be so hard on yourself man, **** happens, especially to brand new riders. I honestly don't even think that's that bad and as long as the blinker is still working I'd just keep on riding it like it is until you get very good and comfortable on it and then look into fixing it if it still bothers you. My bike and my wifes bike have both been dropped once each and while ours didn't have anything actually break (knock on wood) we did get some minor scuffs on the mirrors, exhaust heat shield (which I painted black anyway) and a bent clutch lever which I bent back by hand. They're beginner bikes and they're cheap and parts are cheap. As stated by SS look at stuff for big cc bikes! My buddy got a "deal" on all new plastics for his '04 CBR 600rr for like a grand or something ridiculous. The bike needed everything new though because it had been wrecked so that was headlights and all but still!! That's a 1/4 of what I paid for my whole bike BRAND spanking new. LOL

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh and read the thread "who's dropped their bike?" on here and you'll see you are not alone man. It's just all part of learning to ride. That's why I laugh at morons that get $13,000 liter bikes or $20,000+ harleys for their first bikes. More money than brains is what that is!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Oh and read the thread "who's dropped their bike?" on here and you'll see you are not alone man. It's just all part of learning to ride. That's why I laugh at morons that get $13,000 liter bikes or $20,000+ harleys for their first bikes. More money than brains is what that is!

Hey there.....dropping a Harley can be a non-issue. Regardless of how much I "don't like cruisers" attitude, you drop a HD and they stand up quite well. No plastics on them! Owned one

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was talking more about the big dressers. The sportsters are faily light and on the somewhat cheap side (at least the 883's) so they wouldn't be that bad. Plus like you said there's nothing to really get "broke", just scratched up chrome/aluminum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts