Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang

I'm seriously considering the purchase of a 2012 CBR250RA but I have one concern - I'm much heavier than an average guy - 235lbs.

At 5' 10", my position in the saddle is comfortable.

Will this bike be able to haul me around without complaint?

Thanks for your replies...

...James

PS: Any comments from 150lb riders with 100lb passengers would be awesome :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes and Yes. I'm 6'0" 175.

Welcome and junk.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey now! I take offense to your comment about being much bigger! You weigh less than me and we're the same height! LOL Just kidding man, but seriously I'm 5'10" and around 245 and I use this bike to commute 33 miles each way five days a week on backroads and highway so it sees everything from 25mph zones to 70+mph. It does it all fine and returns a hair over 70mpg while doing it! The bikes total passenger weight is rated in the 300's somewhere (not exactly sure and don't have access to my owners manual right now. So you'll be VERY fine on it but you'll be limited to passenger size. I honestly don't care about that part anyway because my wife got her own and this thing doesn't have a "passenger" seat anyway, it's just a tiny little pad that anybody in their right mind would never want to sit on for more than a minute. LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings jconnolly,

Welcome to the Forum. Your weight is well within the cbr's range.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My friend is 290 and rode my bike home for me. It looked ridiculous b/c he's so tall too. Made my bike look like a pocket bike. lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 180, but always carry a 45lbs. backpack with me to and from work, and I have had no issues, I unfortunately decided to tuck one afternoon on my way to the gate and open her up, got to 93mph before I decided to let off, wasn't WOT but am still breaking the bike in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My friend is 290 and rode my bike home for me. It looked ridiculous b/c he's so tall too. Made my bike look like a pocket bike. lol.
Yea that's way too f****** much for this bike LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I won't be carrying a passenger, just thought the pillion crowd might have good experience with pushing the bike's limits.

As I told another member in a private message I am mostly worried that I won't be able to pass our second level riding exam which requires us to be on a bike of 450cc or greater.

I want to learn and be super comfortable with the manoeuvres the way I am with driving a standard car. I'm choosing the smaller bike so I don't feel intimidated by it and so I don't get tempted to idiocy in my first week ... at 43 I've learned I'm just as easy to bend to pressure as I was in my teens.

Difference is now I want to learn - I'm teachable ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I don't really understand how the test works over here in The UK. I passed mine in 1984, and it's very different from the riding around the block, with the instructor jumping out at you for your emergency stop, when I did it. :D I know that most schools over here can supply bikes (usually 500cc) to do your test on, I don't know if it's the same in the US. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 180, but always carry a 45lbs. backpack with me to and from work, and I have had no issues, I unfortunately decided to tuck one afternoon on my way to the gate and open her up, got to 93mph before I decided to let off, wasn't WOT but am still breaking the bike in.
45 pounds?!!!! WHAT do you have in there?! lol. I'm a chick and all my friends purses feel like they carry bricks but I've always traveled light. Just a wallet and chapstick. haha. They say I'll "fill in" my purse when I get "older". :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
45 pounds?!!!! WHAT do you have in there?! lol. I'm a chick and all my friends purses feel like they carry bricks but I've always traveled light. Just a wallet and chapstick. haha. They say I'll "fill in" my purse when I get "older". :)
Older?????????:confused: (j/K) lol I take offense to that:eek: When I ride my bike, I put kleenex and lip gloss in my trunk.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Your height and weight are fine for the bike. You will not look too big for it. I was a little self-conscious about this issue when I was looking at the bike and it turns out that not only does it "fit", but I look pretty good on it, if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Older?????????:confused: (j/K) lol I take offense to that:eek: When I ride my bike, I put kleenex and lip gloss in my trunk.
Your "trunk". lol. I dunno why but that is so cute to me. haha. I always have chapstick in my pocket. Addicted. It's in my purse, pocket, car, bookbag, etc. We're all pretty much the same age, 25-27 but they're more "girly" than me. I'm the only one who can be showered and dressed in less than an hour. I don't wear makeup either. Blows my mind that it takes them like two hours to be ready. Being low maintenance is easier. I dunno what they put in there. They always say, "I carry my life in my purse". smh

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was kind of worried about it b/c I weigh 230. I know I'm a fattycakes. lmao. But then I was like, who the hell cares? Hopefully my weight won't turn my bike into a moped but if it does, whatever. I'm happy with it and just happy that I'll get to be out riding. Plus, it's not like I plan to go to a track day. lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm 245 and get around more than fine on it. It gets up to speed more than quick enough for traffic and runs 65-75mph easily so I think you'll be more than fine on it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with a BBW.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I weight 175 lbs. My brother weighs 220 lbs. He helped me do some vehicle juggling when I picked up my bike from the dealer for first service at 600 miles. He had to ride bit©h on the back. That's 395 lbs. It was a little sluggish and the clutch didn't seem to like it too much but I had now problem getting it up to 85 mph on the freeway.

You'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
LOL, I'll bet that was a sight to see!! You should have gotten a pic and made it your avatar. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts