Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
My wifes Rebel does a good job of keeping up with the way i ride. She just found out its really a 250 when it comes to the mountian passes & headwinds. But we didnt buy Rebel & CBR to climb mountians, bought for fun in the Sun and better gas mileage than our 4 wheeled gas guzzlers
If she ever drops it - even just in the garage - she'll be glad she's got that and not the CBR.
I learned on a Nighthawk 250 which was adequate on hills but that had a little more hp and torque.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I also did my MSC on a rebel... They were 2001 models, no mirrors, and the odd dent in the tank. I watched a fee of my fellow students drop them.

Safety schools could easily be one of the target markets, and why Honda only needs to reintroduce them every few years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,015 Posts
Actually, they do get ridden. However, I will admit that my wife's annual mileage is roughly 10% of my annual mileage. She's a very fair weather rider. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wouldn't count the Rebel out. I had one as my first bike. I rode the dog mess out of it. Very nimble in the city. Yeah, it's a dog for long runs on the highway, but it's a good bike nonetheless. H3ll, I rode mind from OKC to San Antonio and back. As stated before, there's a bike for everyone.

Not to mention, that's a bulletproof motor on the Rebel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I admit I wanted one at one time but my present ride ( 2011 CBR250R ) I like alot better! Alot of good comments has came my way. But I agree about there is a bike for everyone out there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
it's taken me so long to realise the rebel is a the design of the shadow 700 from the 80's.
I;ve owned a few cruisers and i would rather honda reproduce the vt 750c in the 125 and 250.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts