Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in orlando, florida. Trying to buy a cbr, any color except the stupid tricolor, and i would prefer the abs, however i hear this bike is in pretty high demand. the msrp for the non-abs is... as you all probably know, $4099. After all the charges, whats the most I should pay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid $4280 for a red 2012 non abs in N.C. With a free helmet. They had a 2011 black abs for $4400 otd. I had a chance to get the tri color. I couldn't get past the plain white side fairings. However since my purchase of the red bike I have seen a pic of a tricolor with white powdercoated rims and I must say it does look good.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I'm in orlando, florida. Trying to buy a cbr, any color except the stupid tricolor, and i would prefer the abs, however i hear this bike is in pretty high demand. the msrp for the non-abs is... as you all probably know, $4099. After all the charges, whats the most I should pay?
You just called my new CBR stupid?:eek:... not cool man, not cool at all.

:D... Ok, I'm over it. A little blood pressure medication and I'll be fine.

Seriously, go over to the General Discussion forum, there is a thread titled "What did you pay for your CBR..." Beyond that, you pay, you get to play. Prices on these bikes are all over the place. It's the old supply and demand thing going on. Best get one while you can. Wait too long, you may have to settle for what you can get, like a _____________ color.:cool:

·
Banned
834 Posts
I paid $4280 for a red 2012 non abs in N.C. With a free helmet. They had a 2011 black abs for $4400 otd. I had a chance to get the tri color. I couldn't get past the plain white side fairings. However since my purchase of the red bike I have seen a pic of a tricolor with white powdercoated rims and I must say it does look good.
Why in the sam hill would you not pay $120 more dollars and get the 2011 with ABS? You must have really wanted red. The 2011's are the exact same as the 2012 bikes. The ABS will have better resale value.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why in the sam hill would you not pay $120 more dollars and get the 2011 with ABS? You must have really wanted red. The 2011's are the exact same as the 2012 bikes. The ABS will have better resale value.

On a bike like this ABS isn't needed, now the $120 he saved will fill (GAS) the bike about 15 times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
On a bike like this ABS isn't needed, now the $120 he saved will fill (GAS) the bike about 15 times.
You're wrong. If you can afford ABS and can get it, do it. You are statistically over 1/3 less likely to die in an accident. Worth $120 to me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Highflyer, could you post your source for the 1/3 less likely to die in an accident on a bike with ABS? That seems like a very specific statistic being the low number of ABS bikes out there.

·
Banned
834 Posts
First off, your bike will be worth more (ABS is a $500 option). When you sell your bike you can tack on $500 over what a non-abs bike is going for. So paying that extra $120 is a $380 gain if you ever decide to sell it.

Second, you get a nice discount on insurance, so as long as you keep your bike you will continue to get a discount every year.

Third, it is a known fact that ABS can be a life saver. Fact: "A new report from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reveals that motorcycles with antilock brakes versus without are 37 percent less likely to be in fatal crashes per 10,000 registered vehicle years. "

Source: ABS Brakes increase Motorcycle Safety | Motorcycle News

1 - 12 of 12 Posts