Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2012 ninja 250r after long debates between getting a honda cbr.

I love the way the honda looks but mostly got the ninja since it easier to sell here in califonia. However, i do wish the clutch was easy like the honda or so i hear it is.

·
Registered
879 Posts
There both great bikes. I personally like the twin over the single. The Kaw is faster to. Congrates on your new bike ENJOY

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy.

Plenty of plus and minuses for both.

If asked to choose now, after 25k km on the CBR, it would still be a flip of the coin.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Glad to hear you decided to go with a 250 instead of a gas guzzling 600. The Ninja is probably the second best bike on gas that can still get out on the highway. It is no coin flip for me though. The CBR250R is the better daily driver in every way. Fuel injection. 25% better on gas. Pulls better around town. Less vibration on the highway. More comfortable seat and ergos. Better mirrors. I never ride my Ninja anymore.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2012 ninja 250r after long debates between getting a honda cbr.

I love the way the honda looks but mostly got the ninja since it easier to sell here in califonia. However, i do wish the clutch was easy like the honda or so i hear it is.
Did you have to pre order it or did the dealer have it in stock? My local dealer is still waiting for bikes he should have got last year, but hes not a powerhouse dealer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have to pre order it or did the dealer have it in stock? My local dealer is still waiting for bikes he should have got last year, but hes not a powerhouse dealer

Yea they have a lot of 250. The dealer will just tell you "oo it out of stock" so you'd want it more. But it all a sales game. Well here in California it is.

·
Banned
379 Posts
^ I had the new ninja until the ER6N came out. Bought that. Rode it for 2 years, mostly touring. Loved it. Moved to small town and hardly ever used it so I sold it and bought the cbr250r as a daily runner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so you like the cbr250 much better but why? is it easier on the clutch? ride? vibrate less? more stable at high speeds?

·
Banned
379 Posts
^ i bought it because it was cheaper and has good low end torque compared to the Ninja.

The Ninja is a great bike, but not that practical for low speed in-town traffic (for me where I live).

I would prefer the Ninja on longer trips though.

·
Banned
379 Posts
^ i bought it because it was cheaper and has good low end torque compared to the Ninja.

The Ninja is a great bike, but not that practical for low speed in-town traffic (for me where I live).

I would prefer the Ninja on longer trips though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ I had the new ninja until the ER6N came out. Bought that. Rode it for 2 years, mostly touring. Loved it. Moved to small town and hardly ever used it so I sold it and bought the cbr250r as a daily runner.

what did you think of that er6n i love that bike looks and almost bought it lol.

my short list of first bike was:cbr250, ninja 250, er6n, gladius

is that a easy bike to ride the er6n? what was the pros and cons of that bike?

·
Banned
379 Posts
the er6n is awesome, a lot of power for both my wife and I and all her crap loaded up in the givi top box and side panniers. the 2012 er6n has improvements in suspension on other things I cant remember right now. I'm 60 kilos and it is a lot of bike for a small guy like me. if I had the money, I would keep the cbr250r for in town and have an er6n for touring :)

ps. If you need anything for that ninja I can get accessories and parts cheap over here, pm me!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Here in Aus, my local Kawi dealer is still waiting on bikes ordered in November! I was told that if I ordered now (well, end of Jan when I bought my CBR) to expect at earliest a June delivery, realistically expect July! No brainer - CBR.

Was seriously eying off the ER6N - LOVE the totally out there look of the new bike but being a total noob on bikes and only weighing 65kg, far too heavy for me. Maybe with a couple of years on a restricted license before I upgrade to something like that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts